Post your xmas haul!

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Jun 11, 2009
N.S.W. Australia
Xmas has come and gone here in the great southern land but when you other cats get a spare minute post your pressies!

I was the very happy recipient of:

24" BenQ LCD Monitor (1080P, 2XHDMI).
1.5tb Seagate SATA Hard drive. (I have 1100gb left after transferring literally everything that's not an installed program file to it, oh noes!)
Some sexeh new clothes (mostly underpants, which I am in dire need of).
$80 EB Games gift card.
$50 JB HiFi gift card (JB HiFi are a franchise here that carry basically everything electronic, I guess like best buy).
DVI+Audio switcher (Which was an impromptu present that was ordered today after I couldn't help but notice that the speakers on my new monitor can't handle HDMI audio that well and running everything into the 2.1 setup I have for my compy would be way better).
$170 cold hard cash (probably going to get a jeannie pickguard for my universe, the black one I had made as a trade for some bare knuckles cut wrong in all the wrong places, I'm thinking white/black/white 3 play for a nice stratty kind of vibe).

Who else got spoiled? :oops:

I got £200 to pay back all my recent purchases, clothes, jazz III's and some strings.

well im still in bed on xmas day (2 fuckin hungover 2 get up) but i know my dad bought me a shure sm57, a medium boom stand and a 3meter XLR - another one for the collection

We stopped buying presents between our familymembers, takes off the burden from the shoulders. We usually go and buy stuff from the January sales. But this was what I got:

LTD EC1000 (bought it myself)
Ludwig LM400 Supraphonic (ordered it in october, but it was out of stock, bought it myself)
90€ (from my grandma and godmother)

This monitor is a thing of beauty. I pushed the digital luminence by 10% and holy crap, everything is so vibrant and sharp without they eye gouging, "I maxed out all 3 colours on my TV" effect.

Now all I need is my audio switcher to come in the mail, the new video card I was supposed to have last week but won't be able to get until mid January because like most everything in Australia there is only one distributor and they are criminally ham fisted at their job (my 9800GT ate shit 2 weeks before an exam and I've been rocking my old 8600GTS ever since, Borderlands sucks on low quality 1440X900), and I'll be set for kick ass gaming until uni goes back.

Also the TC Nova System I bought with my birthday money earlier in December arrived on xmas eve, it's awesome!

Home beer brewing kit, assasins creed 2, left 4 dead 2 and a good old crate of heiniken:kickass:

good job on the heiniken - i got a 12 pack sittin in the fridge that im gona crack open

pressie update: so i got my sm57 to add to the mic collection, got a jumper from jack zones and my sister sent me an expandable towel that opens up in water - oh and me ma filled up my stocking with choco goodness! haha ... nice

now - back to the beer :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Got a great haul this year :D

- EV PL80a 3-pack
- An assortment of vodka sample bottles, from Finlandia and Skyy to Chopin and Belvedere
- Wintersun t-shirt
- Coffee maker
- Assorted other items

Microphones, vodka, and Wintersun.. my three favorite things :lol:

Droid phone (thing is ridiculously useful)
Iron Maiden: Flight 666 DVD
Iced Earth: Alive in Athens DVD
The Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal (first page I randomly opened to was a big ol' picture of James Murphey and the Death crew haha)
Jedi Mind Tricks Hoodie
Rush "Roll the Bones" T-Shirt (been wanting one of these for 10 years)
Sting: If On A Winters Night CD Framed (first venture into the music world, interned with Dave Darlington while he mixed the album)
Morning Robe (fuck yea for being lazy AND cozy!)
Axe/Bod Body Spray (for the ladies of course!)
Various Gift Cards and Cash from extended family (to go towards making up for the lack of Xbox games this year)

Merry Christmas! Spent the whole morning drinking coffee and blasting the Maiden DVD with my dad and little brother. Couldn't imagine a better way to get the day started.