Posting On Other Bands Message Boards

Sep 20, 2002
Oakland, Ca
www.nylonorgy.com
Could some of you guys post the info below on some of the other prog bands message boards? Like Spock's Beard, Dream Theater, Marillion, etc. Anywhere where there might be a Enchant fan.

We'd appreciate it! I want everyone to have the option to come if they want. I get so many people saying to me, "What! You guys played in my area? I didn't even know about it!"

Here's the info:

ENCHANT LIVE CD & DVD!

Inside Out Music Presents: An Evening with Enchant

WHEN - March 13th, 2004
WHERE - I-Musicast in Oakland, Ca

We will be doing about 2+ hours of material spanning our entire catalog; recording and filming for a double live CD and a full length DVD! Plus, we are going to be filming Fan interviews so you might get to actually be on the DVD! So come one, come all for the event everyone has been waiting for, for 10+ years!
For those of you who don't live near by...Great excuse to plan a vacation! Why not come to the Bay Area and see Enchant live as a headliner for the first time ever!

Limited amount to be sold so get your tickets ASAP.

Tickets are $20
Show starts at 8 p.m.
Doors at 7:30 p.m.

I-Musicast
5429 Telegraph Ave
Oakland CA 94609
510.601.1181 FAX
[url]www.imusicast.com[/url]

You can buy tickets online for Enchant here:

http://www.imusicast.com/html/calendar.html#enchant

Thanks guys! Let me know which sites have been posted on if possible.

Doug

Douglas A. Ott said:
Let me know which sites have been posted on if possible.

Doug
Mare posted it on the SB board, and I did on the DT board just know (though it might have been posted there before).

Hi Doug,

I posted on the Threshold board, hope the guys there are not too upset about it, they make very good prog too.

Mind you, I am still planning to come over to see you live, what would probably beat the record of the longest journey, but I was going to go to the US anyway to rent a Harley, might just be a little colder than expected.
I will not put the blame on you for being broke afterwards.

And if I am really fortunate I will catch Ted cleaning windows :D before the gig. Sorry, no offense intended :worship: , and you might want to sell me a decent flat or office building in the bay area...lol

Anyway...this IS the highlight of 04

See ya

Guys I plan on posting to the Journey website. Sure a lot of Journey fans won't be into Enchant, but I bet there are more than we think. There are a lot of Neal Schon fans that post, and I bet some of them would dig Enchant if they knew about them. Obviously I will send along the link to The Oasis, and details about the show. The big problem I have is that the soundclips dont do you guys justice. Other than Sinking Sand, you get a 1 minute clip. For a complete foreigner to 'prog/prog metal/prog pop' (whatever you want to categorized Enchant music) after listening to the short clips, one cant really tell whether they like the band. If you dont like a tune, you know right away, but if it does catch your fancy, it does not give a full representation of Enchant. Complete songs do. There are many times in my own experience when I listen to clips, like them, but dont buy the CD b/c I am not going to spend $15 just on my enjoyment of 4 1 minute soundclips. I used to do that, but I have wasted so much money on shitty CDs that highlight the best passages with the soundclips, that I dont do that anymore. I didnt buy the first A.C.T CD for about 2 years because the clips were ok, but they didnt do them justice after I thankfully went out on a whim and bought it after hearing a lot of great things about them. Also maybe you're choices for the clips arent the best either to really hook in the firsttimer. I downloaded Surrounded -- Great tune, but need to get them with that awesome bridge and Solo. Follow the Sun --- again need the gtr solo. Interact instead of Under the Sun??? Need like a Pant the Picture, Colors Fade to rep J9D10 better. Sorry if I am being overly critical and a pain in the ass, but I am just sharing how I go about finding out new music, and what I have encountered.

This brings up a new topic. What is the band's/ IOMA position about making a CDR sampler for a person who is totally unfamilar with Enchant, other than the clips. Obviously it is illegal, but it could also help spread the discovery of Enchant. Like I could see a scenario where someone on the Journey website responses back to my post, and would like to hear some complete tunes. Also, I know an AM radio owner (not well at all other than emailing) who loves Rush, that I would love to send him an Enchant sampler, moreso because you could get a mix of the best of Enchant. Also say you know of a Journey fan, you could gear it towards more of the Look Away, Acq., What to Say, Ultimate Gift, Pure, Beautiful 'Ballady' type tunes. Look I know its tough and there are probably 100K+ Enchant fans out there that dont even know it, but we have to try to reach them.

My vote would be to scrap the one minute clips, and put on Sinking Sand like soundclip versions of What to Say, Below Zero (Live), Under the Sun, and maybe a Blueprint tune like Death's Door, Thrist, Nighttime Sky to account for website space.

Just my $.02
jim