An Evening with Enchant 3/13/04 Oakland, CA for live DVD/CD

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
From the "News" Section (http://www.theoasis.cc/news.html) of The Official Site:

January 15 2004:

ENCHANT LIVE CD & DVD!

Inside Out Music Presents: An Evening with Enchant

WHEN - March 13th, 2004
WHERE - I-Musicast in Oakland, Ca

We will be doing about 2+ hours of material spanning our entire catalog; recording and filming for a double live CD and a full length DVD! Plus, we are going to be filming Fan interviews so you might get to actually be on the DVD! So come one, come all for the event everyone has been waiting for, for 10+ years!
For those of you who don't live near by...Great excuse to plan a vacation! Why not come to the Bay Area and see Enchant live as a headliner for the first time ever!

Ticket prices to be announced. Limited amount to be sold so get your tickets ASAP.

More details to follow.

Um, I hope I win the lottery..I cannot miss this..but omg, I have The Musical Box in Milwaukee March 23rd-24th, DT sometime in that time frame and a family trip to AZ March 18-22. WTH..and I just blew $200+ to see 1/2 a Jon Anderson show in Philly last Saturday. This a prog music fans heaven, and my bank account's reserve line's hell, lol. I LOVE YOU GUYS..I have to come to this!..and my brother and sister-in-law and Mom's sister hopefully will help out save a little cash since they live in town.

omg, this Rulez..I look fwd to meeting a lot of you guys there!

Kyle

Well, I won't be there. :yell: But...

@Ed: Bear in mind that thing about recording an acoustic section to be fit into the DVD, I think it would be awesome to include songs as "Beautiful", "Traces" or "What To Say" in a special and unusual way like that. Take this as a suggestion, I'm quite confident you're going to release an amazing DVD following the style that Transatlantic or The Flower Kings started. I'm eager to buy it!!! ;)

|ng.

I have to go to this. Enchant is my favorite band period. I discovered them when Blueprint was about a year or so old in the release bin at HMV. I got into it and have followed Enchant ever since. I only listen pretty much to Prog Rock and Prog Metal and have about 1600 CDs. There's no other band I would rather see live than Enchant. I have been trying to get Enchant into other shows and concerts across the US, but many people running those shows seem to shun Prog Rock for some reason....
So this will probably by my one big chance at seeing Enchant live and see them get some REAL concert time, and not just some 45 minute set mixed in with 10 other bands.......
So if I do make it to this show, what can I bring home with me besides the memories........any chance of some good merchandise. I am willing to use my head and my back as advertising for Enchant.........hats, shirts, booklets? Anything being made up for this event?
Thanks

ANAKIN
Jason Blake

Hi Jason!!!

I hear ya! Although I was lucky enough to spend a week in Germany with them in October!!! I'm sure they will have the same merch there in Oakland that they did in Europe -- Tug t-shirts and Blink t-shirts! -- plus hopefully something special for this very special show!

I am doing a lot of campaigning for them for ProgPower V too...we shall see!

Of course we will all be able to enjoy the magic over and over once the DVD and CD set is released! :)

See ya there!

Cheers!

Damn ! I wished I could make the trip. I got to be there, I'll see what I can do. Anybody here from Oakland or San Francisco would be ready to welcome 2 french fans for the occasion ?

Can someone tell me if the Maya Motel or the Broadway Motel are acceptable places to stay? Are there any other hotel suggestions? We won't have a car so we'll have to be close and somehow get transportation from the airport. Thanks!! Can't wait!

-sheri

Hello Everone.

WOW what amazing response to this?

We are totally exited to here how many of you are so exited already.

We have waited to announce this for EXACTLY the reason that it is confirmed and written in STONE! But venues can be very unpredictable! So nothing is ever 100% but we will explain the situation with people coming from all over the place to see it!

We have discussed a possible night before gig as well to warm up since we have had some time off, but the worry there was that we might take away from the gig on the 13th when we need 300 people and the place to be packed to capacity to make this DVD something special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this is not for sure either! I tend to think it would be the opposite and bring more people! Maybe playing a much smaller venue the night before? Thoughts???????? feedback?

There are questions from Merchandise and beyond! We would also hope to spend as much time with everyone that comes out! Especially the people making a long trek from far away! That is greatly appreciated!

We will have our hands full with preparing for this! BIG TIME! So there really isn,t someone to ccordinate more that the show on our end! However! It would be really cool to make this an overall weekend deal! That would be really something!

Looking forward to this.

:hotjump: Well, that's great news, Ed.
I wasn't sure I could possibly make it to the recording venue but I might just be able to take some time off here. That'd be about the last time ever I will be allowed to do such a thing as my wife already thinks I am a complete nutcase to act like this with kids that go to concerts already.

I was planning to hit Road 66 anyway with a Harley in early summer 2004, so I will just come over a little earlier. :D

I consider it a great idea to do a warm-up gig. Do not forget to get that on film. You could use the more intimate feeling of a show in front of a few hardcore fans as a contrast to show the energy in your songs rather than creating the big concert impression only. It worked fine for the Stadium bands too (Simple Minds, Marillion...I saw them way back in 1983 in Hammersmith...what a difference to the more recent concerts).

:wave: But, any way you do it, have a great time yourself . We will like the output anyway whereas I think we all hope for a good sound with more music and less audience than Rush in Rio. If I may I would prefer to hear the instruments rather than screaming fans, but then again...I may be alone with this...

:worship: You guys could not have made a better announcement...

ebass said:
We have discussed a possible night before gig as well to warm up since we have had some time off, but the worry there was that we might take away from the gig on the 13th when we need 300 people and the place to be packed to capacity to make this DVD something special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this is not for sure either! I tend to think it would be the opposite and bring more people! Maybe playing a much smaller venue the night before? Thoughts???????? feedback?
YES YES YES! Some of us (ahem) will be flying out Friday - so we are all up for a 'pre show' warm up gig...I think it would be a great idea, lure even more people (an intimate night with Enchant) before the big deal show (not to mention people who think, hey that would be cool to see them twice - it would really make the whole trip!), and
be a good thing for you guys - have a more casual warm up show to, well, warm up - this is your first gig since LA!!

ebass said:
We will have our hands full with preparing for this! BIG TIME! So there really isn,t someone to ccordinate more that the show on our end! However! It would be really cool to make this an overall weekend deal! That would be really something!
Hmm so are you looking for a party planner??? BBQ's-R-Us!! All we need is a venue for Sunday and it can so totally work!!!

This is going to be an incredible weekend!!!!!!! See you ALL there!!!! :wave:

Cheers!

Hi everybody!

Its great to hear how many people are interested in the journey out west to see the show. It is 100% confirmed and we are ready to rock!!

In regards to hotels/motels in the area... The venue is located in Oakland near the Berkeley border. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, it is very near the UC Berkeley campus. I was speaking with Doug today and we are going to look into the best motels in the area that are cheap, but relatively clean, safe, and as close to the venue as possible. We will also look into the possibility of a group discount at a specific hotel/motel... I don't know if this is going to work out or not, but we will look into it...

It is unlikely that we would play a warm up on friday... the logistics would be too difficult...

looking forward to a great show and meeting all of you!!

:hotjump: :Spin: :headbang: :wave: :worship: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I am extremely happy about this! There is no doubt I will be coming to Oakland in March to see you guys! With all the excitement circulating here in Houston with the Superbowl and all, I can't tell you how very much exciting this year is turning out to be! And it's only January! Sorry I don't post here on the message board as I have before but I want you guys to know how much I appreciate for keeping the band alive and making great music! See you in March as well as any other board members making the road trip!
j