POT 30th Anniversary Edition

Quite a number of average covers too.
Their versions of I'm 18, Got The Time, Friggin In The Riggin' and Phantom Lord are average at best while Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Bring The Noise are beyond shit.

Reactions: redfly
Their versions of I'm 18, Got The Time, Friggin In The Riggin' and Phantom Lord are average at best while Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, and Bring The Noise are beyond shit.

I love got the time but friggin will always be my favourite,hadnt heard anything like that before, bring the noise is just the best, very heavy lives I do agree that they have alot of ordinary covers, cowboy song the police one they did.

Common theory is that Aboard The Good Ship Venus was actually about a Taswegian lassy from 1806 but because it's actually royalty free no one really knows, just like no one really knows how many verses there are to it because nearly every pub has it's own verse. I remember singing that song before I got the first Kevin Bloody Wilson album when it was released in '84. I found about 5 hours of dirty dittys and bawdy ballads on my old man's reel to reel tape deck.

While Anthrax covered the Sex Pistols' version there is plenty of others out there they could have chosen, although because Sex Pistols sounded crap on just about everything maybe Anthrax covering them was deliberately bad. I think they could have done much better. Their version of got the time is also slower than some live versions, heavier but slower. Their live versions aren't as bad as the studio version but they really should have thrashed it up. Bring the Noise needs to be deleted from history, along with I'm The Man (which isn't cover).

Pipeline was the one I was surprised at. Thousands of bands and guitarist must have tried that tune over the years and Anthrax pulled it off quite well on Killer B's

Got The Time no good? On this? Or in general? I've never heard SBS or Phantom from them.

Reactions: Slammed
Common theory is that Aboard The Good Ship Venus was actually about a Taswegian lassy from 1806 but because it's actually royalty free no one really knows, just like no one really knows how many verses there are to it because nearly every pub has it's own verse. I remember singing that song before I got the first Kevin Bloody Wilson album when it was released in '84. I found about 5 hours of dirty dittys and bawdy ballads on my old man's reel to reel tape deck.

While Anthrax covered the Sex Pistols' version there is plenty of others out there they could have chosen, although because Sex Pistols sounded crap on just about everything maybe Anthrax covering them was deliberately bad. I think they could have done much better. Their version of got the time is also slower than some live versions, heavier but slower. Their live versions aren't as bad as the studio version but they really should have thrashed it up. Bring the Noise needs to be deleted from history, along with I'm The Man (which isn't cover).

Pipeline was the one I was surprised at. Thousands of bands and guitarist must have tried that tune over the years and Anthrax pulled it off quite well on Killer B's
Been too long till I've heard Attack Of The B's

I think the studio version of Got The Time on the album is extremely average. They actually play it slower than non thrash bands I've heard, Live it's not so bad.

I'm not sure where the Phantom Lord cover came from other than I know heaps of bands did Metallica covers years and years ago. No idea if it was for an actual compilation or something else but I have Metallica covers by Ozzy, Alice, Motorhead, all sorts of bands that I picked up on bootlegs back on the 90's and they are all average at best.

Think yourself lucky you haven't heard SBS, it's just not worth it the way Anthrax do it.

Been too long till I've heard Attack Of The B's

Overall Killer B's isn't terrible. Milk and Chromatic Death are good songs but you'd expect Scott and Charlie to be able to play them. Protest and Survive is not too bad. Parasite is okay but as much as I've been a Kiss fan since the 70's and seen nearly all their Oz tours I'm just not a huge fan of Kiss covers, (although Iced Earth's do a hell of a Paul Stanley impersonation). Pipeline and Sect are also pretty good but the rest is just filler.

I think the studio version of Got The Time on the album is extremely average. They actually play it slower than non thrash bands I've heard, Live it's not so bad.

I'm not sure where the Phantom Lord cover came from other than I know heaps of bands did Metallica covers years and years ago. No idea if it was for an actual compilation or something else but I have Metallica covers by Ozzy, Alice, Motorhead, all sorts of bands that I picked up on bootlegs back on the 90's and they are all average at best.

Think yourself lucky you haven't heard SBS, it's just not worth it the way Anthrax do it.
But Slammed!...it's been played on Mars!. Mars! I'm not really sure how that helps me I just like to say it.

Ozzy did a Metallica cover?!

Overall Killer B's isn't terrible. Milk and Chromatic Death are good songs but you'd expect Scott and Charlie to be able to play them. Protest and Survive is not too bad. Parasite is okay but as much as I've been a Kiss fan since the 70's and seen nearly all their Oz tours I'm just not a huge fan of Kiss covers, (although Iced Earth's do a hell of a Paul Stanley impersonation). Pipeline and Sect are also pretty good but the rest is just filler.
I'm not sure if it's the Killer B's or another EP I'm thinking of. All I remember is "She got hit by a truck" " cunty cunty cunt" and Parasite Lady.

But Slammed!...it's been played on Mars!. Mars! I'm not really sure how that helps me I just like to say it.

Ozzy did a Metallica cover?!

Maybe it being played on Mars is why the little green Martians haven't attacked us yet!

Well it was a live recording, (of Enter Sandman) so whether it's an actual 'cover' I don't know. But yeah it's amazing what used to be on the bootleg market. My mate used to pay anything up to $1K for under the counter GNR bootlegs, I used to pay $50 for anything weird and strange :)

I'm not sure if it's the Killer B's or another EP I'm thinking of. All I remember is "She got hit by a truck" " cunty cunty cunt" and Parasite Lady.

Yeah that truck thing was NFB (Ballad) and it was about as entertaining as I'm The Man :)

Parasite Lady
Parasite eyes
Parasite Lady
Written by Ace sung by Gene

Maybe it being played on Mars is why the little green Martians haven't attacked us yet!

Well it was a live recording, (of Enter Sandman) so whether it's an actual 'cover' I don't know. But yeah it's amazing what used to be on the bootleg market. My mate used to pay anything up to $1K for under the counter GNR bootlegs, I used to pay $50 for anything weird and strange :)
The good ole days.

The good ole days when we would laugh at our mate for spending $250 on a live CD of GNR which sounded like it had been recorded on a walkman from the back row of a gig which the sound guy forgot to turn up too. Usually with the same songs as every other demo/bootleg he'd paid such prices for. :)

Some of these bootlegs were so bad you wouldn't even try and record them onto cassette so everyone could have a copy. But going into Missing Link (the record shop) was a highlight of a trip to the city not because of what they had on the shelf but what they had under the counter.

I remember buying down Nola vhs from Utopia and it was great quality show, other than that in the very early days when I discovered torrent and demonoid there was a lot of great shows you could download,i have a decent collection but with youtube and everything else these days I got tired of it, i was never really into audio bootlegs.

Back in the 80's we didn't have much choice, there was a few VHS bootlegs around of overseas acts but most of what we could get was audio and on cassette. Even into the 90's a lot of bootlegs still turned up on cassette and the ones that did turn up on CD still often had average sound.

We recorded a heap of Melbourne shows, as did many other bands in the late 80's and early 90's, they were far from pro recordings but they were watchable. Most of my VHS tapes, even the originals, are now dead but occasionally someone comes across a Melbourne or Sydney gem. The YT series Thrash Fucking Metal (I think it was called) about the Aussie thrash scene unearthed some real gems from the days when we used be able to see bands three or four nights a week.

It's on Spotify, which is where it can stay for me. The remastered tracks aren't bad but the extra stuff isn't worth paying for.

Reactions: johnnieCzech