Potential guitar shoppers: ESP LTD Deluxe vs LTD Standard

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Hey guys,
I've been eyeballing an LTD Deluxe H-1001 for a while now, slowly saving the pennies.
I noticed today though that the LTD Standard H-351NT is nearly the exact same!
The only differences I could find (other than cosmetic):
The H-1001 has a compensated nut and ESP locking tuners.
The H-1001 has a Tonepros locking TOM bridge - the H-351NT is just listed as having a TOM bridge. Not enough information is given here to identify the bridge used on the Tonepros website.

The same compensated nut can be got here for $35 if that's an issue, I might need more info about the bridge though.
But here's the kicker, most suppliers won't have the H-351NT until March and most are estimating the H-351NT to retail for about 200-300 Euros less than the H-1001. The sooner Thomann get them in, the better! :)
Just thought that some guitar shoppers might like to know!

The Deluxes are Korean-made. I don't know where they make these new ones, but I think Indonesian... so my guess is you can expect better craftsmanship from the Deluxe series.

I recently got a EC-1000 and it sounds sick!

Ive got a Ex-351 which sounds great aswell but the EC-1000's pick attack is lush. Id be more help if id tried more deluxe series guitars tbh, but im very pleased with the 1 I own now.

Hey The Shred, do you've fixed your EMG Prob?

I love my h-1000(the old one with "Devils-Tail" headstock).
Def. worth the money, never regret...

Greetz
Jannik

Hey The Shred, do you've fixed your EMG Prob?

I love my h-1000(the old one with "Devils-Tail" headstock).
Def. worth the money, never regret...

Greetz
Jannik

Yeah it needed totally re-wireing, still the bridge pup goes stale when plugged into my POD....hope that dosen't start being an issue....beside that its a quality guitar.