ESP LTD H-1001

digitaldeath

Dec 7, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Alright guys, this is the one guitar I want.

H-1001_BLK.jpg

I currently only have 3 cheap guitars bought way back when...
A Fender Squire Strat, a Sunn Mustang and an some Epiphone LP knock-off with shite humbuckers in it.
I got to play a H-1001 a kid brought to a mate's studio one day - been in love with it ever since!
Current price on Thomann is €959, the kinda money I don't don't have nor want to spend on a guitar since I'm a drummer and far from being a metal guitarist. However, as chrisjmp pointed out on this thread, it seems that the H-1001 is listed as being discontinued on Musicians Friend.
This could possibly bring the guitar down to my price range!
However, feck all stores have this guitar in stock here in Ireland.
I know DemisePhil can help me out here - how much are they now retailing for in stores, and how the hell can I get my hands on one without breaking the bank?!
If one turns up in the States with a great pricetag, anyone willing to pick one up for me, package it up and ship it over? Obviously I'll cover all expenses, but I'm really hoping that this won't turn into a financial nightmare!
So who can help, and anyone got experience shipping guitars across the waters (approx. cost etc.)?
Thanks in advance guys!

Niall.

I'm in, and did something similar for AdamWathan with his OctoPre LE so he can vouch for me! (and I shipped my Dual Recto to analgrinder333 in France, so that too :D) I'll have a look for 'em...

Cheers Marcus!
When I was in New York back in March, I was in Sam Ash music store and saw the H-1001 for $879.99 (I know cuz I took a pic of it on my iPhone). That's still much cheaper than they are on Thomann at the moment, but by the time you factor in postage costs etc...!
How much do you reckon postage to Ireland would be based on past experience?
Thanks once again!

Cheers Marcus! Unfortunately, I don't have the money together right now (g/f's birthday around the corner and she won't be happy until she gets a California Kingsnake!) so I'm interested in how much they're currently retailing for in stores over there. I'm defo hoping to get one on this side of Christmas though!