Power metal news

Tet

Sep 16, 2002
Harrow, Middx., UK
www.astradyne.co.uk
I've just found out a couple of snippets. Firstly, it looks like the Helloween tour will be coming to the UK after all. It's unconfirmed yet, but they're probably going to be doing a show in London (and maybe one in Nottingham) on November 24th, 25th or 26th.

Also, on September 27th, Falconer and Dream Evil will be playing in London. I'm assuming it'll be at the Underworld.

The Dream Evil/Falconer show is going to be a mini power metal festival apparently. PQ have been approached to play that day but it looks unlikely that we will be able to participate due to the financial overheads in getting the band together for one off shows.

MentaLee said:
I bloody hate the Underworld for gigs on a Saturday though.......they kick everyone out by 10:30 then you're stuck wondering what to do after!!!

Does the World's End have a late bar?

Symphony said:
The Dream Evil/Falconer show is going to be a mini power metal festival apparently. PQ have been approached to play that day but it looks unlikely that we will be able to participate due to the financial overheads in getting the band together for one off shows.

That's gutting, I think Now And Then should sponsor the flights at least. From a Record Company's perspective surely it would be a fine opportunity for one of their bands to be billed alongside 2 of Europe's finest. Also be an excellent opportunity to promote the new album.

MentaLee said:
I bloody hate the Underworld for gigs on a Saturday though.......they kick everyone out by 10:30 then you're stuck wondering what to do after!!!
True enough. Camden sucks on a Saturday. You could do worse than get on the tube to Tottenham Court Road, and head over the The Marlborough Head in North Audley Street. There's a rock club there on Saturdays, which is somewhat lacking in power metal, but there's a fair bit of black, death, industrial and goth, and it at least avoids most nu-metal/mallcore. However, I think even that closes at 11:00, although there have been rumours about them getting a late license.

I wish more venues here closed early, instead they stay open untill the early hours and I either can miss the headlining band or my train

William said:
I wish more venues here closed early, instead they stay open untill the early hours and I either can miss the headlining band or my train
Miss the train. You know it's the right thing to do! Hmmmm.... brings back memories of shivering to death on Victoria station on a freezing (literally) December night many years ago, having missed the last train back to Canterbury after a Motorhead gig. Fortunately, I now live in London, and my last tube back leaves at 1:00am :)