POWER METAL SOUNDTRACK!!!

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
(Cartman voice)
YOU GUYS ... OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ... IT'S BEYOND ALL RATIONAL THOUGHT YOU GUYS!

I just finished watching IN THE NAME OF THE KING which is hands down one of the most inept epics ever released ...

BUT ...

It has not one, not two but *THREE* power metal songs in the ending credit soundtrack!

They are, in order:

1. Carry the Blessed Home by Blind Guardian
2. Skalds & Shadows by Blind Guardian
3. The Fire Burns Forever by Hammerfall

WOOOOO!!!

So, all of you have to go and see this movie just to support metal in the movies! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

In heaven,
The SwordLord

(Cartman voice)

I just finished watching IN THE NAME OF THE KING which is hands down one of the most inept epics ever released ...

BUT ...

It has not one, not two but *THREE* power metal songs in the ending credit soundtrack!

They are, in order:

WOOOOO!!!

So, all of you have to go and see this movie just to support metal in the movies! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

In heaven,
The SwordLord

I think that movie looks really cool actually!

Yeah it looks like Stratham is taking a road traveled by more than a few good actors down a bad scripted poorly directed movie, or movies as they are mounting up to be.. Or maybe he is just a bad actor...

I thought he was great in Snatch & the first Transporter movie, # 2 wasn't super bad either. He was good on the Italian job as well...Looks like he is slated to play the lead in a remake of the movie Death Race 2000, that will be interesting!!

Bear

(Cartman voice)

BUT ...

They are, in order:

WOOOOO!!!

So, all of you have to go and see this movie just to support metal in the movies! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

In heaven,
The SwordLord

I have not even heard of this money, must check it out.

BTW Glad to see you are alive!!

Looks like he is slated to play the lead in a remake of the movie Death Race 2000, that will be interesting!!

Bear

It's being directed by Paul WS Anderson (Not to be confused w/ Paul "Boogie Nights" Anderson) so it will almost definitely NOT be interesting. He has a long track record of crap.

There are actually a whole whack of cool bands on the official soundtrack for this flick, don't know how many are actually in the movie but I may go see it just to support the soundtrack!

http://www.hardrockhouse.com/NewRele...eOfTheKing.htm

Track Listing

Farmer´s Son / The Big Battle (film score)
Blind Guardian – Carry The Blessed Home
Hammerfall – The Fire Burns Forever
Nightwish – Amaranth
Him – Wings Of A Butterfly
Soninb Syndicate – Enclave
Amorphis – The White Swan
Avantasia – Lost In Space
The Darkness – Dinner Lady Arms
Disturbed – Land Of Confusion
After Forever – Energize Me
Dream Theater – I Walk Beside You
Threshold – Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams
Pantera – Cemetery Gates
Epica – Chasing The Dragon
Soilwork – Exile
Mastodon – The Wolf Is Loose
Muriella dining / Forrest (film score)

Thanks Dolamite and BRMH for the well-wishes! :loco:

Okay, so has anyone seen this movie? It's seriously bad but the music almost makes up for it ...

I've seen it. It's really bad.

It was so bad it opend here on a Friday. The following week it was down to ONE showing all day on Saturday and Sunday. It was gone on Monday.

During the show some of the 20 people in the theater started making loud remarks, which rather than irritating the rest of the viewers had most of them laughing.

One can only wonder why a studio would allow a director to make this know it absolutely had to flop... big time.

Some of the special effects are cool and had to cost a lot of money. Add to that the cost for actors like Stratham and Burt Reynolds, tons of extras, and the usual production costs they had to invest millions in this 2 hour long suckfest.

The studio had to know that allowing the horrendous dialog, hapazard scene sequences, and God awful background music would be financial suicide. There's no way this can recoup its costs, not even internationally and on home video. It's that bad.

I've seen it. It's really bad.

It was so bad it opend here on a Friday. The following week it was down to ONE showing all day on Saturday and Sunday. It was gone on Monday.

During the show some of the 20 people in the theater started making loud remarks, which rather than irritating the rest of the viewers had most of them laughing.

One can only wonder why a studio would allow a director to make this know it absolutely had to flop... big time.

Some of the special effects are cool and had to cost a lot of money. Add to that the cost for actors like Stratham and Burt Reynolds, tons of extras, and the usual production costs they had to invest millions in this 2 hour long suckfest.

The studio had to know that allowing the horrendous dialog, hapazard scene sequences, and God awful background music would be financial suicide. There's no way this can recoup its costs, not even internationally and on home video. It's that bad.

Yeah, this movie is really schlocky.

It was the same with my theatre. We opened it on Friday and I put it in a small house. I think our highest showing had like 34 people at it. The next week, we reduced it to one showing and I think our highest attendance all week was 12 people at a single showing.

Completely agree - the special effects during the "wizard battle sequence" were really well done. It's just too bad the script was written by a 10 year old and the direction was done by a 15 year old.

One has to wonder what the producers were thinking. Obviously this is some project that had a ton of outside funding but absolutely no experienced veterans on board. Even the casting director didn't know what he was doing. Statham was way out of place and Ray Liotta was overdriving a part for an actor who should have been much younger. Costume and makeup were non-existant - Statham looked like he just stepped off the set of the Transporter and Ray Liotta was wearing a blue oxford shirt the whole film.

But by far, the worst part of that miserable epic was the big climatic ending battle scene. The viewer is supposed to be horrified as the Krug are making the march on the armies at the end ... uphill ... in the rain. So the armies of good are firing arrows down at them and just wiping them out as they plod laboriously forward. Then someone at the top of the hill yells, "Charge!" I just about fell over with laughter! When you have the high ground with archers, you don't charge down a rain-soaked hill into the middle of the fray! Holy crap - someone needed to seriously watch Lord of the Rings a few more times to figure out how to shoot a battle scene.

But like I said ... the ending credits ... almost made it worthwhile. :zombie:

Yeah, this movie is really schlocky.

It was the same with my theatre. We opened it on Friday and I put it in a small house. I think our highest showing had like 34 people at it. The next week, we reduced it to one showing and I think our highest attendance all week was 12 people at a single showing.

Completely agree - the special effects during the "wizard battle sequence" were really well done. It's just too bad the script was written by a 10 year old and the direction was done by a 15 year old.

One has to wonder what the producers were thinking. Obviously this is some project that had a ton of outside funding but absolutely no experienced veterans on board. Even the casting director didn't know what he was doing. Statham was way out of place and Ray Liotta was overdriving a part for an actor who should have been much younger. Costume and makeup were non-existant - Statham looked like he just stepped off the set of the Transporter and Ray Liotta was wearing a blue oxford shirt the whole film.

But by far, the worst part of that miserable epic was the big climatic ending battle scene. The viewer is supposed to be horrified as the Krug are making the march on the armies at the end ... uphill ... in the rain. So the armies of good are firing arrows down at them and just wiping them out as they plod laboriously forward. Then someone at the top of the hill yells, "Charge!" I just about fell over with laughter! When you have the high ground with archers, you don't charge down a rain-soaked hill into the middle of the fray! Holy crap - someone needed to seriously watch Lord of the Rings a few more times to figure out how to shoot a battle scene.

But like I said ... the ending credits ... almost made it worthwhile. :zombie:

LOL. Yeah the "Charge!" was ridiculous. One of many ridiculous scenes.
As far as the credits go I have the CD's so there's no need to sit through that for 2 hrs again.

So many things wrong with this movie. It's bad, but, in my opinion not bad enough to make cult status. Just bad. What's bad?

1) Ray Liotta in a Wayne Newton-esque garb near the beginning of the movie.
2) Claire Folani's over acting.
3) The script.
4) The unsynced music (anyone else notice that during one the major battle scenes the music just stops??? WTF?)
5) Ray Liotta in a Matrix-esque trench coat 1/2 way through the movie.
6) Jason Statham's under acting.
7) Jason Statham's "friend"'s acting. Can't remember the guys name, but that big lug that just kind of hung around.
8) Leelee Sobieski not wearing NEARLY enough sexy outfits and in general lack of participation in the movie
9) Burt Reynolds as king...seriously, guys, whose idea was this?
10) The script - it's worthy of two spots
11) The already mentioned "charge" scene. I almost fell out of my chair.
12) The fact that the "good guys" are supposed to be getting help from these tree people who some how still manage to help even though the major battle is taken to a field later.

There are others. The more I think about it, maybe it will make cult status. It's good for a laugh.

It's Uwe Boll. He's got more movies in imdb's bottom 250 than Ed Wood.

He's so spectacularly bad it's incredible. But gotta give him his props, he's a metal fan. He had Nightwish on the Alone in the Dark soundtrack, which was another one of his atrocities.