Power Metal

I always post Warrior Soul as an example for Kiuas. I seriously believe it's impossible to dislike. It's one of the most badass, epic songs ever.

as for 'epic' and 'impossible to dislike', I would have to say that if it was instrumental I would have presumed it was an early Children of Bodom song--a band not impossible to dislike, this forum would suggest. Nearly every element in the song reminds me of their song "Every Time I Die" (and a little bit 'Red Light in My Eyes, 1' (--probably others to other people, too, but I don't recall that many Bodom songs). and it seems too much of a b-side to me, I like the formula, it sounds like it could be something, but the melody just quite isn't there in the chorus for me to like it (it has me thinking of catchy Gothic metal hooks--"If" by Charon, for example).

also, the way he lingers on the word 'eyes' a couple time irritates me, the way he pronounces it as if saying 'oi'. I like his voice and how he varies his singing otherwise.

I enjoyed Warrior Soul. I need to get that album. That said, I agree that musically it's Bodomish. However, it's devoid of what I hate about Bodom, namely the strong feeling that they don't take their music seriously or bother to put much effort in, and are just rocking out to get girls. This feeling being enhanced when Alexi Gay-ho paints his fingernails black and spends the whole set posing and the entire front row is a bunch of vicious sluts. Likewise, this infects their music, which is full of silly keyboard sounds and lyrics that are just dumb.

Kiuas don't seem to do that. Also, that's a fucking intense double bass sound.

The Spirit of Ukko was one of the first PM albums i ever bought if i remember correctly

lyrics? did I say anything about lyrics?

cheesy music is about more than just lyrics--listen to the vocals of Majesty, or The Darkness, it wouldn't matter what they were saying.

We were talking about Gamma Ray and Sonata Arctica not The Darkness and Majesty. Way to going off topic there boy, you fail at debating.

Anyways, different genres of metal has different vocals styles. Black metal has screams, screechs, ect... death metal has growls, grunts.... then there's the genre of power metal who has majestic soaring vocals. Honestly I've never listened to a single power metal band whom's vocalist cheeses me out. As long as the lyrics r good, I could even like a band with an average vocalist. I don't believe what you say when U say that vocals alone create cheesy music, unless your not into the genre of power metal. I'd say the only real facet of cheese inside of power metal is the lyrics.. and the lyrics alone. I suppose this could be say for a fair amount of metal bands, however. But to put it simply, certain people with certain tastes will get annoyed by different types of vocals, but I don't believe U could get "cheesed out" by them.

But if your going to reply to this, please shift the subject over to gamma ray and sonata arctica, not two other off topic bands. They're vocals r not cheesy at all between, you probably are just not into power metal.

Honestly I've never listened to a single power metal band whom's vocalist cheeses me out.
way'ta nullify the value of your opinion in this context.

if your going to reply to this, please shift the subject over to gamma ray and sonata arctica, not two other off topic bands.
Gamma Ray's vocals, and Sonata Arctica's keyboards are cheese.

They're vocals r not cheesy at all between, you probably are just not into power metal.
If you're going to reply to this, please make sense.

Dude, he's either a troll or an idiot, and either way should be ignored in the hope that he'll go away.

So, I saw Kiuas live in Helsinki. I realize that I'm biased, but they're definitely my favorite power metal band, and (I think) by far the most badass.

Dude, he's either a troll or an idiot, and either way should be ignored in the hope that he'll go away.

Just an idiot, why act like something your not? I find that stupid.

Gamma Ray's vocals, and Sonata Arctica's keyboards are cheese.

Um no, I refuse to believe your a power metalhead if you say that. Since when is an instrument a factor of cheese. My subjective opinion loves Sonata Arctica's keyboards.. or in your case "cheeseboards", they're a large part why they're my faovirte band. Also Kiske was one of power metal's best vocalists. I think the problem here is that we have different tastes of music is all.

If you're going to reply to this, please make sense.

I do make sense, your just stupid and can't understand a bunch of kindergarden proof level sentences.

Sonata Arctica's lyrics make me laugh.

"She should not lock the open door (run away! run away! run away!)
Full moon is on the sky and heeeeeee's not a maaaaaaan anymore!"

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Ecliptica; but I enjoy it in the same way I enjoy Braveheart. At one point I thought it was awesome and amazing, and in a sense it still is (and definitely epic); but it achieves its success through cheesy tactics and cliched means. It's not as deeply intellectual and musically innovative as other records (just as Braveheart isn't as intellectually stimulating as lots of other films). And now, like Braveheart, I basically just enjoy Ecliptica for its immediately catchy and satisfying "melodies," and usually find myself grinning from ear to ear and laughing at its presentation.

Sonata Arctica's lyrics make me laugh.

"She should not lock the open door (run away! run away! run away!)
Full moon is on the sky and heeeeeee's not a maaaaaaan anymore!"

"..burn in Hell
You see a life but not mine
Read me a line from your torture guide
Download new lies on your scythe"

lol

Aint nothing wrong with CHEESE.. Thats the great thing about power metal. Its classic Metal. There is a lot of metalheadz that secretly love it, but they wish they didn't. To me I think power and prog metal, was one of the best things that ever happened on this planet. Great to drink too. Some of the best musicians out there. Let the cheese flow. Plus you know why clichés are clichés right? Because they actually work.. If you try and avoid every cliché when writing a metal tune, you will most likely have nothing anyone remembers.