Power Metal

Originally posted by ffanatic
Blind Guardian, Edguy, Ayreon, Avantasia (wow, part II owns!) Helloween, Rhapsody, Nightwish, Falconer (anyone else here of these guys?), Demons & Wizards, Iron Maiden.

Dan Swano was involved in a project that made REAL cheesy power metal songs, I forget the name, though.
Oh hell yea! Avantasia (especially part 2) is awesome! I really digs those songs. I'm listen to The Seven Angels right now. Awesome chorus.

power metal bands I like:

Blind Guardian, Symphony X (duh why else am I here? ;) - yes with songs like Smoke and Mirrors, Evolution, and Inferno, I consider them powermetal, albiet progressive powermetal :p), Angra, Stratovarius, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Children of Bodom (they're power with death vox), Silent Force, The Reign of Terror (Joe Stumps band), ummm, Iron Maiden, Rainbow and Priest could all be considered the forefathers of powermetal since so many power bands are influenced by them.

Power metal bands I dont like: Manowar, Rhapsody, Hammerfall, and most all powermetal bands who have that Conan the Barbarian vibe about their imagery and lyrics.

I like lots of Power Metal bands, but I also hate a handfull of PM bands. Once it got to a point in my "power metal stage" where every band i discovered was a Helloween or a Stratovarius clone, i started to get tired of the genre.

I still do listen to bands like Angra (IMO best power metal band ever!), Rhapsody, Helloween, Kamelot, Iced Earth/Demons & Wizards, Blind Guardian, Dragonforce, Stratovarius, Nightwish, Children Of Bodom (Power with Black metal vox anyone? ;) ), Sonata Arctica (though "Silence" was very disappointing for me), Rage, Gamma Ray, Edguy... and been getting into Pagan's Mind lately, thanks to DrumRman :D

PEACE...

i love power metal, but people always annoy me whenever i say the bands i like lol :p
lol its ok though.. :cool: my favorite band is still dream theater :p

i like helloween, gamma ray, symphorce, shaman, old angra, edguy, sonata arctica, Rhapsody, Royal Hunt, Silent Force and lots of others..

:D

Originally posted by Annie
i love power metal, but people always annoy me whenever i say the bands i like lol :p
lol its ok though.. :cool: my favorite band is still dream theater :p

i like helloween, gamma ray, symphorce, shaman, old angra, edguy, sonata arctica, Rhapsody, Royal Hunt, Silent Force and lots of others..

:D

So i take it that you dont like new Angra, but like Shaman... woah...

I love both new Angra AND Shaman, though I do enjoy more new Angra. They have been the band I've listened to the most, over the last 6 months (yep Rebirth and Hunters And Prey non-stop :D ). Shaman took me a while to get into, but now I see the genius in their album.

new Angra> Shaman > old Angra. IMO

PEACE...