Power Metal!

Evan Hoyles

Nov 2, 2009
Hey this is a test mix i did with the band Dawn Awakening. They like it and I get to record the rest of their full length! After we add some vocal harmonies the want to release on myspace, so any suggestion for the mix would be great. We used pod for guitars but will be micing real amps for the rest, and it's sounding much better already. Power metals not really my thing but i thing this band is pretty sweet.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6731071/DATEST.mp3

Sounds just like early Insomnium. The intro was ok, but especially when the vocals come in I can tell this needs more work. The rhythm guitars especially are lacking. The music, for what it is, is pretty well written. I think it would sound a lot better with another singer, or if this guy practiced more. I am sure you can make this better.

Sounds just like early Insomnium. The intro was ok, but especially when the vocals come in I can tell this needs more work. The rhythm guitars especially are lacking. The music, for what it is, is pretty well written. I think it would sound a lot better with another singer, or if this guy practiced more. I am sure you can make this better.

thanks, do you mean to turn up the rhythm guitars or work on the tone, or both? What do you think could be done to make them sound better?