Power of Omens Show Last Nght....

rgbeach

Feb 11, 2002
Chicago
www.hexology.com
...wow! What and awesome show!

As most of you know, PofO played a showcase show in San Antonio last night (I was fortunate enough to make the trip from Chicago to see it!). They headlined the event and simply (or complexly, based on their music) killed. Great stage presence, great performance, and great sound. The crowd reaction was very strong, as well.

So, here's what everyone realy wants - the setlist:

1. With These Words
2. A Toast to Mankind
3. Alone I Stand
4. As Winter Falls
5. In The End (~ halfway through)
6. Test of Wills (all 20 minutes)

Kinda bummed I couldn't make it down there for this one; seeing these guys live is pretty tough. Their PP USA 1.0 show was incredible, and I'm sure this one was great too.

Hopefully, something will happen with the footage that was taken there..

Chrisf

Heya Bob,

Words cannot express our gratitude for everything you did for us and helped us with. :)
We all had a blast, and it will be a weekend to remember.

I'm really glad we all had a chance to hang out before and after the show...although, like you, I was so ready to head back home while we were all sitting there at IHOP after the show....heheh
This old man is not used to staying up 'till 5:30 / 6:00 in the morning anymore... :lol: LOL!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Birthday yesterday. ;)

Thanks again for everything...and hopefully we'll see you again in California at the end of the year. :cool:

All the Best,
~Dave

Demonspell said:
Damn, In The End and Test Of Wills back to back... !:eek:

Yep!! Although we only did the first half of "In The End"...it was still 30 minutes of "Oh my God, I hope I don't screw up"... :lol: LOL!!!

Chrisf said:
Hopefully, something will happen with the footage that was taken there..

Chrisf

Well, we did have 6 cameras running...and we ran audio from the board straight into ProTools...well, something happened to the audio portion, and the show was not recorded...:yell: My camera and Herring's camera, both stopped with about 4-5 minutes to go before the end of the show. :erk:
As far as the other cameras, I have not had a chance to see the tapes from them just yet...hopefully we have enough footage from the other cameras to go back and do a decent edit that will allow us to do something with it. Even though the audio from the board did not record, the audio from the cameras did...we just have to decide which one of the 6 sound better... LOL :lol: If the show in Cali, later this year actually happens, we'll attempt this once more..and hopefully get it right this time. :cool:
Of course our set will also be a bit longer (hour and a half) for that one.

~D

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Heya Bob,

Words cannot express our gratitude for everything you did for us and helped us with. :)
We all had a blast, and it will be a weekend to remember.

I'm really glad we all had a chance to hang out before and after the show...although, like you, I was so ready to head back home while we were all sitting there at IHOP after the show....heheh
This old man is not used to staying up 'till 5:30 / 6:00 in the morning anymore... :lol: LOL!!!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Birthday yesterday. ;)

Thanks again for everything...and hopefully we'll see you again in California at the end of the year. :cool:

All the Best,
~Dave

The pleasure was all mine! And, I will do my best to get me and the wife to California.

Bob

Check these out! I've got about 100 shots and several minutes of footage from the rehearsal, the sound check, and of course the show. I'll be sending them to Dave so he can post on the site.

Attachments

• IMG_0275.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0231.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 175
Yes, it was a fantastic weekend with Power of Omens. They are an awesome band, and a bunch of great people. I am so glad I was able to attend the show. I'll be posting some pictures and a report when I catch my breath.

Rawk!

Jeffery