POWER QUEST INTERVIEW: Alessio & Andrea

heavenly

The Defender
Sep 11, 2002
Arles , France
www.heavenly-fanclub.fr.st
Hello,

here you'll find the link for the interview of Power Quest for their new album Magic...

http://www.seigneursdumetal.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=37

And as I am a funny boy I give you the english version of it:

1) This is the third album for Power Quest, and the third label too. What do you thing about it?

Andrea: Yeah my friend, third album for the band, third label and new energy to spread out that means a new level for every member.

We’ve work really hard on the pre-productions trying to create and findin’ out something different for PQ and this is the final result! We are all excited about that!!

2) What do you want about this new label ‘Majestic Rock’?

Alessio: We want what they are givin’ us: loyalty and a good way to work with music! Have you seen the package of the limited edition?! I think it rocks..

3) You’ve got a new drummer, so what do you think about his performances?

Alessio: Yeah, we have a new drummer, a machine gun!! Francesco had completely blown out our brains during the sessions. Absolutely amazing!! He was ready for the studio in only 2 weeks ‘cause I’ve started talking with him about the possibility to record a Power Quest album in early January and we were recording the 6th of February. Simply impressive!!

4) How was the recording sessions?

Andrea: I think that these recordings were the best one we’ve ever had. We were completely relaxed even if we were working many hours every day. During the day we were recording Keys, Drums, Vocals and Bass, and during the night me and Alessio were working on the guitars and solos. What a fantastic session.

5) The first thing that ‘shocked’ me in this album is the intro “Ascension”. This is a really good intro; a big kick in my ass. What do you think about this intro?

Andrea: I can say two words about the intro: Clive Nolan. I think that he is a real King in this kind of orchestrated stuff!! And you can hear the result in Ascension.

6) You have chose “Find my heaven” as the song which will be the preview on internet for your new album. But in my opinion, this is not the best song. Why have you chose this one?

Andrea: On the album there are hard rock beats, fast songs, prog songs, many different influences that was too difficult to choose one song that could represent Magic Never Dies. Find My Heaven is a Troy’s Horse.. do you know what I mean?! Simple, atmospheric, powerful, one of the best song to introduce the album to our audience.

7) What do you thing about the guitar solos on “Find my heaven” and “Diamond Sky”?

Alessio: I think that Andrea has done an amazing work on the solos. He was simple improvising some stuff on the songs and I was telling him…. “Jesus Christ!!! Do you wanna leave some guitarist on this planet?!?!”. I think that every single solo is an authentic pearl. Proud to play with him!

8) We can find some new kind of stuff on PQ’s songs: like prog influences with “Strike Force” or darkest sides with “Another world”!

Andrea: Strike Force seems an authentic suite to me. You can find everything inside of it: fast part, prog fills, melodic vocals lines and a sense to be flying in the air!!

Alessio: Another world is something completely new for the band. When I was singing that song I was feeling like I had to escape from a pyramid during a cold night in the desert.. like living in Another World.

9) There is also, and always, the fantasy side of the music and the influence of the 80’s for the keyboard. This is amazing!?

Andrea: I think that Steve W. has done an amazing work on this album. He has work real hard on new sounds and on new arrangiament solutions that fit perfectly with everything else on the album. I love the atmospheric sound he is using on Another World.

10) Is it because of the influences of Steve Scott who loves A-Ha & Freedom Call

Andrea: I think that everyone has introduce new influences on this record that helped to the creation of this kind of sound. Also Francesco has given a new fresh air to the PQ sound with his prog-rock drum approach.

11) Your cover is the best you have on the PQ’s history. Who have the idea of this cover?

Alessio: Steve W. is the mentor beside this great idea and Toxic Angel has been the magical hand that has given life to Steve’s thoughts. I think the whole artwork is amazing, every page gives sheevers to me. An eccellent work!!

12) Power Quest have tour in England but we are waiting a european tour. Will this tour come soon?

Andrea: Yeah, we’ve tour England twice and I think we are going to tour GB another time next November. We are supposed to do Firefest this year and we are working out some dates with promoters. We’ll see what it will jump out!!

13) On the beginning of this year, you have launch your official fan club. This is really cool.

Alessio: Yeah, a great possibility given to our fans around the world to know something more about the band. Oh no… I don’t have my membership card… L I’ve got to subscribe now!! Eheh!!

14) So, this is the end of the interview, thank you, and feel free to say whant you want.

Hey to everyone!!! We hope that you’ll listen to Magic Never Dies and give us your thoughts and opinions!! Thank to everyone for the support and keep on Rockin’!!

Remember that Rock and Roll will never dies!! www.power-quest.co.uk

Best Regards / Lionel