September 21st - News update!!!!!

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Following on from the departures of long standing members Steve Scott (bass) and Alessio Garavello (vocals) earlier in 2009, it is with great sadness that we bring you the news that Andrea Martongelli (guitars) and Francesco Tresca (drums) have also decided to call time on their tenure in Power Quest.

To read the full bulletin visit www.power-quest.co.uk

Really sorry to hear this mate. It must be really tough on you to have so many changes over the year in the PQ camp:cry:

But the good news is that you are keeping the flame burning and have got together a new line-up, and I have faith that you will pick the very best people for the job. And also, you are all still friends with all old members so who knows what may happen in the future with guest appearances, etc!!

Can't wait to see the classic PQ line-up next weekend!!

This is beyond sad, obviously. Seemed like this line-up would last forever, the chemistry being so good, but that just goes to show that nothing does indeed last forever. But, and you may have seen this coming, the Quest must go on! I am more than confident in Steve's ability to recruit the right musicians to fill these vacancies, and I am sure that Power Quest will keep on delivering high-quality metal in the years to come. :headbang:

All the best to the departing members, though, and thank you for all these years.

I'd like to thank Alessio, Andrea and Francesco in particular for all their hard work over the years. Alessio has been there almost from the start with Andrea not too far behind in terms of service to the band. Francesco has been with us since 2005 so that's another great tour of duty! We've been through a lot of ups and downs together over the years but this has created a bond that will last for a lifetime I believe.

Thanks also to Oliver who, despite only being with us for a few months, has become a great friend and will also take his place in the PQ chronicles.

At times like this you can't help but think back to the beginnings of the band...those first rehearsals with Steve, Sam and Adam back in 2001 as we worked on what would become Wings of Forever.

Unfortunately due to his committments with Tarja, Oliver won't be with us on Saturday at Metalfest. Stepping into the breach once more is our good friend Jon Hoare from Mercury Rain.

Of course, the new lineup will be revealed on September 28th. I spent many a long hour thinking about the best way to approach this both for the sake of the music and for the logistics of getting everyone together but I think I have made the right decisions on all fronts to take PQ forward towards album #5.