Power Tab.

frost_giant

Giant Member
Feb 8, 2006
I just found this thread, with a tab of Gleam In Ranks:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179103&highlight=gleam

Unfortuitously, I don't play guitar, meaning that I can neither read tabs, nor understand what tuning means. I play different instruments, and would really like to learn to learn to play this song!

Can anybody here re-transcribe the song from normal tab to Power Tab sheet music - because that's the only type of music I can read and play!

Thanks in advance!

K, that damn tab was miserably formatted so it was actually a fair amount of work. In addition, I made a few slight changes and added the piano and did the first distorted section. Gtr 1 at m5 sounded like it was palm muting low As instead of the high ones that are in the original tab, i never heard any open E strings in those arpeggios on the second guitar, and at m28-31 some of the high notes on those chords sounded different than they were in that text tab. For the most part it's pretty much identical, though. It was a rush job so I didn't check the left guitar for variations at all after the first 9 measures :D Also, the fourth time after the distorted guitar comes in, the right guitar does something else entirely and I'm too lazy to figure it out. GG

I suck at transcribing piano chords (something about piano timbre just confuses my ears cause I'm not a piano player), so the piano chords are pretty shitty, but the fast runs should be right.

http://www.emotears.com/~wankerness/tabs/maudlin_of_the_well-gleam_in_ranks.ptb

FuSoYa said:
Do you guys like when you write a song and post how to play it on the internet and then other people on the internet say that what you posted was incorrect

HEY MAN I JUST HAD TO CONVERT A TEXT TAB INTO POWERTAB and the main thing I changed was the arpeggios, which weren't tabbed in the text besides saying what chord they were based on, which I always adhered to, just never noticed the open E being used. Anyway I assumed that you were only extremely familiar with one guitar part and greg did the other. And since I transcribe stuff all the time I tend to listen to my own ears before other people's transcriptions even against reason, as in this case :) The more I listen the less I'm sure about those As, so I think I'll change those to what they were in the text one. I still think the chords in the fourth verse were in a slightly wrong order, though. And if I'm deaf and dumb then that's whoever's problem is that reads this tab, which I don't intend on posting anywhere besides here anyway.

Anyway I assumed that you were only extremely familiar with one guitar part and greg did the other.

and what am I, chopped liver? anway toby wrote all the guitar parts and then taught them to us.

Josh Seipp said:
Anyway I assumed that you were only extremely familiar with one guitar part and greg did the other.

and what am I, chopped liver? anway toby wrote all the guitar parts and then taught them to us.

Yeah, I'm not clear on hardly any of the workings of the band (I haven't studied the liner notes enough I guess, not helped by the fact I have the old versions where you need a fuckin frequency filter to separate the text from the background), so all I knew is that Toby sang the clean stuff and Greg plays guitar, and I don't have a clue who's who on the forum besides Baliset being Greg. SO don't be offended by my general cluelessness. I just saw the topic and wanted to help the guy out and wasn't sure who it was that had posted that tab and next thing I know I'm getting yelled at by band members, haha. You should have a sticky with who's who on here for us noobs. :erk:

oh man I wasn't offended, yelling and being mean is my schtick. welcome to the forum!

me, fusoya (toby), baliset (greg), falsetodd (sam - drums)....I think that's all the motW dudes here.

and as far as guitar duties went, I was the rythm player, greg did rythm and leads, toby did rythm and like melody/effects stuff. but Toby wrote almost all teh music so he'd just tell us what to play.

Thanks for the great work wankerness, this is fabulous! I just listened to it and according to my ear it sounds just right, although if Toby Driver can point out what is wrong that would be more than just nice!

Sorry for the trouble and misunderstanding this thread caused you!

Thanks a lot for the info, Josh. It is nice to know what actually went down there. Doesn't that violin chick from Kayo Dot post here too? Or did I just see her on myspace and get confused...

And you're welcome for the powertab conversion!

er sorry if that sounded a bit incomprehensible. what i mean is, i knew fusoya = toby, but i never knew all you other dudes from motw posted here as well, and i thought that was quite cool!

and the 10 years older comment was because I wish i had been born earlier so that i could have seen you guys live. by the time i discovered you guys, you'd already broken up, and i wasn't old enough to drive anyways :cry:

anyways, i'd really appreciate it if someone tabbed out heaven and weak as well. :)