Powerball clip

lepersmeesa

Badman rudeboy
Apr 10, 2005
London
www.myspace.com
I got back home a few days ago and got a chance to mic up my Engl Powerball with matching v60 cab. I just did this quick clip, couldn't really get the amped cranked, but I still quite like the tone. Just an audix i5 slightly off axis pointing between the cone and dust cap. Be interested to hear what you guys think.

Cheers

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=619459

(sorry for the super generic riff, just wanted to do it quickly!)

Yeah I agree. Im at home at the moment, and my monitors are at Uni, so I was just monitoring and mixing it on my headphones. Ill hopefully going to be doing some more clips with the amp cranked up.

Listening on monotors right now. Definitely a lot of mud that needs to be cleared up there. The sound is quite dark and I like that, but I feel that you need to bring down the bass, crank up some mids and maybe experiment a little with mic positioning.
I've struggled with the engl cab with v60s myself so I know it can be hard to get a great sound with it. The guitar player in my band bought a framus dragon cab with v30s and while the build quality of the engl cab is far superior the v30 compliment his powerball extremely well.