Powerfest 2011?

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
So, it's getting towards the end of the year, and it makes me look in to what might be happening in the following year... Is there any chance of a smaller-scale CPF happening?

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but unfortunately there havent been any new "metal friendly" places that have opened recently.

Back in August of this year, JJ Kelleys in Lansing had an all day "Rock festival" and they setup an outdoor stage. It was mostly local cover bands, but the headliners were Fatal Order (they cover Priest, Maiden, Megadeth, etc style bands), and Blackened who were a pretty decent Metallica cover band.

Anyway, it would seem Kelley's is open to hard rock/metal shows again, and I think an outdoor Powerfest would be cool, although it would really suck if the weather didnt cooperate.

Hey guys...going back to a "mini-fest" type thing for the time being
has been a point of discussion even before pulling the plug on 2010.
However, the venue is still a secondary concern, it really depends on
whether the outstanding financial obligation owed to us can be settled
any time soon.

Reggie's indeed is a really cool place for a 300 capacity fest, Durty Nellie's
is really cool for a 800ish capacity fest, Kelley's might be cool to do a little
outdoor thing....all viable options but the loose ends need to be tied up,
even a little bit, before we can pull the trigger on anything for 2011. :)

Thanks!
CRJ

Hey guys...going back to a "mini-fest" type thing for the time being
has been a point of discussion even before pulling the plug on 2010.
However, the venue is still a secondary concern, it really depends on
whether the outstanding financial obligation owed to us can be settled
any time soon.

Reggie's indeed is a really cool place for a 300 capacity fest, Durty Nellie's
is really cool for a 800ish capacity fest, Kelley's might be cool to do a little
outdoor thing....all viable options but the loose ends need to be tied up,
even a little bit, before we can pull the trigger on anything for 2011. :)

Thanks!
CRJ

That sucks! I never knew there was money owed to you guys too. I just assumed that when the Pearl Room went under, you guys just didnt have anywhere to host a show. I didnt know it went beyond that.

Hope it gets settled. The Powerfest shows were always one of the highlights of my year.