Vendors and MC???

So are there any cd's that these vendors have that I can't find online? I'm just trying to justify carrying a plastic bag with me all night and risk some damage to my oh so sensative jewel cases.

So are there any cd's that these vendors have that I can't find online? I'm just trying to justify carrying a plastic bag with me all night and risk some damage to my oh so sensative jewel cases.

You don't have to justify it because you won't buy from them. I like to flip through the bins, find new things that I would never look at online, talk to the vendors ("oh, if you like that you should get this) kind of thing. There's something in the immediacy of it that's very cool.

Now, Rob, where do we stand on this?

You don't have to justify it because you won't buy from them. I like to flip through the bins, find new things that I would never look at online, talk to the vendors ("oh, if you like that you should get this) kind of thing. There's something in the immediacy of it that's very cool.

I can see that. :cool:

I'll never get tired of saying that ever since Tower closed my "going to the shops and hunting" has become a pain in the ass. They NEVER have what I want. Yeah I take a monthly trip to Impule Music (cause it's the closest metal place to my house) just to see what I run into but it's usually something that I've been wanting to get for a while that just happens to be there.

While I dont usually buy too much stuff it is nice to look through the vendors during a band I dont really care for or just some time away from the speakers.

I'll never get tired of saying that ever since Tower closed my "going to the shops and hunting" has become a pain in the ass. They NEVER have what I want. Yeah I take a monthly trip to Impule Music (cause it's the closest metal place to my house) just to see what I run into but it's usually something that I've been wanting to get for a while that just happens to be there.

It really sucks in Atlanta because Tower was the ONLY thing we had that had any kind of decent metal selection. Now that it's gone, when we just want to go kill some time in a metal shop it's fuckin' FYE which is FYGAY.

I spend between $200 and $300 in Impulse when we hit Powerfest every year.

Sure sure...just rub it in why don't you!!!!

It is a huge thing to have it so close. There are so many bands that I would never have gotten into if it wasnt that close. Best part is I can check stuff out there and if it catches my eye I can go home and check out some reviews online or sample some songs and then walk back and buy it.

It is a huge thing to have it so close. There are so many bands that I would never have gotten into if it wasnt that close. Best part is I can check stuff out there and if it catches my eye I can go home and check out some reviews online or sample some songs and then walk back and buy it.

Yeah, I can imagine.

Rob? Any feedback on the vendor situation?

I only do this once or twice a year anymore. But it's how I find a lot of good bands. Iced Earth, Testament, Armored Saint, Grave Digger, Savatage, etc.

I normally make one CD hunting and vinyl searching trip a year.