PowerMac G5 vs Macbook pro

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi
Which is the better machine? A powemac g5 2.3Ghz (for example) dual core or a macbook pro intel 2.4Ghz 2Gb ram?
Now I own a MBP (not the last one) and it works well but I'm thinking which is the better machine to use in a studio.

Thank you very much

p.s.
I know the absolutelly better is the MacPro :)

That seems like a tough comparison, to be honest.

Would this be a Power PC G5, or an Intel?? I've had my Power PC G5 for over three years and it still runs great. If I had to decide between the two, I would take portability and expansion capabilities into account. You should decide whether or not these are important factors in your decision.

-Joe

Oh woops, didn't pay attention to your "ps."

If money isn't an issue, and you don't need the portability, MacPro by far! Without question.

-Joe

I own already a macbook pro so the portability is not an issue...I'm already portable :) I mean, for a standalone machine I could use my MBP or a desktop Mac. Actually MACpro is a little too much expensive so I watched some powermac's (powerpc, not intel) but if my new MBP has more power...I still stay with it

Dual 2.0/2.3 PPC PowerMac G5s go for cheap as fuck these days...can't go wrong with those.

~006

Yes it's MUCH faster Shane, but the dual 2.0/2.3 G5s are plenty adequate and can be had on the cheap.

~006

i always found the g5s to be a little shakey, when heavily loaded with plugs etc....

macpro is awesome. i've never got the processor over a quarter