PP USA Recent News - in case you missed it..

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
1 day tickets are now on sale for $60. Details

ProgPower USA X DVD Trailer now on YouTube. Details

Restaurants near venue. Details

Autograph Signing Session Times for ProgPower USA XI Details

Camera policy specifics Details

Corset photo will be taken after the Seventh Wonder set.

The official Tshirt this year will be navy. Cost = $25

Lanyards with new PPUSA logo. Cost = $5 and supplies are limited. Details

Glenn will have an "Insider Sale" Saturday to sell CDs announced for PP USA XII. Cash AND credit cards will be accepted. Details

Thursday Kick-Off tickets are $35 and Wednesday Mid-Week Mayhem tickets are $22

~Jen

Just to verify...cards are going to be accepted now too?
Yes, both cash *and* credit cards will be accepted.

Either we're missing a heck of a lot of them, or a bunch of places went out of business since last year.

I know that Pizza Fusion, Pleasant Peasant and Madison Grill have closed. What else?

~Jen

That is fantastic news. :headbang:

Fantastic, and scary. My wife's going to kill me again this year.

To also clarify the timing of the Insider Sale- does it start for Gold Badge holders at Noon or at 2pm?

Gold Badge sale hours: 1200-1500
Regular tickets: 1500-1900.

Insider sale is not located in the vendor area. That area will be open at noon to gold badge holders only again.

The insider sale will be at my table and has always been scheduled for when gold badge doors are open and so forth.

To also clarify the timing of the Insider Sale- does it start for Gold Badge holders at Noon or at 2pm?

"The Insider Sale"

Attendees of ProgPower USA XI will have the opportunity to purchase cds of the bands announced for ProgPower USA XII directly from me on Saturday afternoon at the ProgPower USA merchandise table.

Gold Badge sale hours: 1200-1500
Regular tickets: 1500-1900.

Insider sale is not located in the vendor area. That area will be open at noon to gold badge holders only again.

Hmm, both those quotes say noon. Where did you see 2:00?

Bummer about the restaurants closing, especially The Madison Grill for us. Went there a couple times every year. Now we just stock up the room at the grocery store and hardly eat out at all.

City Cafe is closed too. Drove by there last Wednesday and something else is being worked on (don't know if it's a renovation, or not).

Chinese Buddha is open on 14th Street (across from the Courtyard), till 3PM, I think. It's not 24-hr anymore.

Hmm, both those quotes say noon. Where did you see 2:00?

The second quote says the vendor area opens at Noon but that Glenn's Insider Sale is separate from the vendor area and has always been planned to be open when gold badge doors open, which is 2pm (though perhaps was noon at one time considering a band has been dropped from the schedule).

The second quote says the vendor area opens at Noon but that Glenn's Insider Sale is separate from the vendor area and has always been planned to be open when gold badge doors open, which is 2pm (though perhaps was noon at one time considering a band has been dropped from the schedule).
Ah, gotcha. Didn't notice that discrepancy. Chinese Buddha, not 24 hours!? Bummer, though I think I can get my pot sticker fix before 3AM.

If you're staying at the Marriott Courtyard by the GT campus, check out the Silver Skillet diner right next door. Great breakfast and CHEAPER than the hotel's ripoff breakfast. It's a nice old fashioned southern greasy spoon diner. It's even been featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. :)

I ate there a couple of years ago and it was cool. The bands that were staying at the Courtyard even ate there as well. Hard to explain to people who aren't used to southern cooking what grits are :lol:

Glenn states his Insider Sale will begin at 2pm in the lobby.

The Seventh Wonder set for gold badge holders is 1-2pm in The Loft.

~Jen