PP USA Recent News - in case you missed it..

Is the door to the Loft near the loading dock area? I've never been up in the Loft part of Center Stage.

The Loft is upstairs - where the MidWeek Mayhem show is every year.

Glenn will be sending out a detailed email to gold badge holders within the next 72 hours with specifics.

~Jen

I remember last year there's an Einstein Bagels on the corner of 14th street and West Peachtree. Great place for a cheap breakfast if you're in the area. Steve and I ate there a couple of times last year.

Yep. The hours suck, but it's a nice place to go during the day. I think it's open every day of the fest, but only until the afternoon.

There were a Chick Fil-A, a Moe's, and a Thai bistro in that building on 14th next to the Sheraton (or W?), where Houlihan's used to be. Are those no longer in business?

Also, there's Einstein's on 12th and Juniper St. I ate there with some friends a few years ago; they have a nice patio, and an extensive martini selection for those who are so inclined. It's a bit of a walk, but it's not any farther than some other places on the list. (This is not to be confused with Einstein Bros. Bagels; this is a different place.)

There's also a Checkers way down at 10th street and Spring Street (one block west of West Peachtree) if you have that greasy burger fix and want to gain five pounds :lol:

and be hounded by panhandlers which is why we quit going there after PP shows

There was a food court in that mall by where Houlihans is/was. Did they (Houllihan's) close? Obviously, the mall would be closed at night, but there might be some quick food there during the day. Been a couple years since I've been there....

Yep. The hours suck, but it's a nice place to go during the day. I think it's open every day of the fest, but only until the afternoon.

There were a Chick Fil-A, a Moe's, and a Thai bistro in that building on 14th next to the Sheraton (or W?), where Houlihan's used to be. Are those no longer in business?

Also, there's Einstein's on 12th and Juniper St. I ate there with some friends a few years ago; they have a nice patio, and an extensive martini selection for those who are so inclined. It's a bit of a walk, but it's not any farther than some other places on the list. (This is not to be confused with Einstein Bros. Bagels; this is a different place.)

Bob, The Chick Fil-A, Moe's, and Tamarind Thai Bistro are all still open, corner of 14th and Peachtree, Colony Square.

Chick Fil-A: 404-874-8065
Moe's: 404-870-8884
Tamarind Thai Bistro: 404-873-4888 (have late dinner till 2:30 a.m. Fri. and Sat.)

Einstein's is awesome! A little pricey, but great food. It's still at the same location on Juniper. Fantastic patio. 404-876-7925

There was a food court in that mall by where Houlihans is/was. Did they (Houllihan's) close? Obviously, the mall would be closed at night, but there might be some quick food there during the day. Been a couple years since I've been there....

Houlihan's has been closed for a few years. That food court is a good place to hit for a relatively inexpensive lunch before the show -- especially for those at the Residence Inn who are tired of Subway. :)

Bob, The Chick Fil-A, Moe's, and Tamarind Thai Bistro are all still open, corner of 14th and Peachtree, Colony Square.

Chick Fil-A: 404-874-8065
Moe's: 404-870-8884
Tamarind Thai Bistro: 404-873-4888 (have late dinner till 2:30 a.m. Fri. and Sat.)

Einstein's is awesome! A little pricey, but great food. It's still at the same location on Juniper. Fantastic patio. 404-876-7925

Nice, thanks for the info. Agree about Einstein's; it's a little out of the way, but a great place. I hear they've expanded quite a bit since I was there.

True, but you have to go a stop or two on the MARTA to get there. I was talking within walking distance.
Bah! We've walked to/from the Residence Inn. It's doable. And you need it after those burgers! :lol:

This.

We've always gone to the one at Little Five Points and hit The Junkman's Daughter afterwards. Groovy stuff in there.
The Junkman's Daughter is awesome! Gonna try to hit that up while I'm down there this year.

City Cafe is closed too. Drove by there last Wednesday and something else is being worked on (don't know if it's a renovation, or not).

The one at 10th and Hemphill? That was the last one in that part of town, if so.

Anyone staying in the downtown hotel district: there is a 24-hour diner/cafe similar to City Cafe in the Peachtree Center Mall, called Metro Cafe. Entrance is outside on International Boulevard, near P'Tree Center Ave.

Chinese Buddha is open on 14th Street (across from the Courtyard), till 3PM, I think. It's not 24-hr anymore.

No, but it's open a bit later than 3pm. :)
They've also moved to 10th St...sadly, four blocks further south from PP.

Last year they were open 'til 6am. That may have changed with the recession, although the online info I'm finding still says 6am. (Except 10pm on Monday nights...which explains why there was no answer when I just called them. :saint: )

For those driving to it: Chinese Buddha is immediately east of the freeway on 10th. The driveway is to the left of the front doors and leads down into a parking garage behind it. It's kinda tricky the first time you go.

Is the door to the Loft near the loading dock area? I've never been up in the Loft part of Center Stage.

Yep. It is now labeled as such, too.

Bah. Nothing beats the Vortex for burgers! And their beer list is stellar. :kickass:

Well, Brick Store in Decatur might beat the Vortex when it comes to burgers....but it's a close race. And they're not close to PP.
They DO, however, carry Chimay. :)

Just for my own edification, whats the bar thats on west peachtree thats just up past einstein bros bagels? We went in there a few times last year and it was pretty cool. The owner had a bit of a chat with us and knew about and seemed interested in PP.

Also on an amusing side note, when we arrived in atlanta we were walking round the city and found this cool bar/microbrewary. Upon seeing my mates Pats cap, the owner of this place came and had a chat. We told him we were in town for a music fest and he asked "Oh is that the one where all the European bands play?" hehe.

If you're staying at the Marriott Courtyard by the GT campus, check out the Silver Skillet diner right next door. Great breakfast and CHEAPER than the hotel's ripoff breakfast. It's a nice old fashioned southern greasy spoon diner. It's even been featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. :)

I ate there a couple of years ago and it was cool. The bands that were staying at the Courtyard even ate there as well. Hard to explain to people who aren't used to southern cooking what grits are :lol:

Heh. I also ate there when I stayed at that Marriott. Unfortunately, it was quite a walk from there to the venue since I didn't know that they were deleting the bridge so I haven't gone back.

The food was good, tho...

Just for my own edification, whats the bar thats on west peachtree thats just up past einstein bros bagels? We went in there a few times last year and it was pretty cool. The owner had a bit of a chat with us and knew about and seemed interested in PP.

Gahhhh! I know exactly where you are talking about. They do have GREAT food there.....Can't remember the name for the life of me.....getting old sucks! :loco:

Also on an amusing side note, when we arrived in atlanta we were walking round the city and found this cool bar/microbrewary. Upon seeing my mates Pats cap, the owner of this place came and had a chat. We told him we were in town for a music fest and he asked "Oh is that the one where all the European bands play?" hehe.

I doubt this is the one you are talking about, because it's not really walking distance from Centerstage, but there is a microbrewery called Max Lagers on Peachtree (go figure) by the Inn at the Peachtrees where we have stayed for the past few years.
Good food and good beer!

Could it be Cherry? Their address is 1051 West Peachtree St.

Was it Gordon Biersch?

~Jen