PP USA XII: Win a VIP ticket - Deadline is Sept. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The band with the coolest name on the planet... that's who.

What I really want to know is, what were the possible band names they rejected?
  • Glove of Power
  • Power of the Covered Hand
  • Isotoner Maximus
  • Mittens of Doom
Smell the Glove would have been better.

I'm sure you guys are just joking,and know Powerglove what a type of controller for the NES,that was a glove u put over your hand,type in a program code from a book it came with,for the game you where playing,and then you could play a game with the Powerglove. I love the Powerglove it's soooo bad. Remember Lucus from The Wizard.

Powerglove is a fantastic instrumental band. They put on a great live show, and the video gaming gimmick is pretty funny to see live. However, there is no way they'd be any higher than an opening slot at ProgPower. Maybe, MAYBE #2 slot, but that's pushing it.

Powerglove is a fantastic instrumental band. They put on a great live show, and the video gaming gimmick is pretty funny to see live. However, there is no way they'd be any higher than an opening slot at ProgPower. Maybe, MAYBE #2 slot, but that's pushing it.

For what they are, they're good, but I really couldn't take them for more than 20-30 minutes.

Liquid Tension Experiment should be on PP USA long before Powerglove, if we are talking about Instrumentals. I mean, who would not pay to see Portnoy and Petrucci grace Center Stage? :worship: :danceboy:

Friday:
1. Beyond Twilight
2. Kiaus
3. Mob Rules
4. Poisonblack
5. Labyrinth
6. Labrie

Saturday:
1. Eyefear
2. Hibria
3. Eluveitie
4. Astral Doors
5. Lefay
6. Nightwish 2 hour

Friday:

6. Myrath
5. Nostradameus
4. Stormwitch
3. Dark Moor
2. Labyrinth
1. Masterplan

Saturday:

6. Pharaoh
5. Astral Doors
4. Mob Rules
3. Within Temptation
2. Pretty Maids
1. Vanden Plas

Friday:

1. Paradox
2. Orphaned Land
3. Pyramaze
4. Epica
5. Within Temptation
6. Symphony X

Saturday:

1. Cloudscape
2. Hibria
3. Turisas
4. Dragonland
5. Angra
6. Blind Guardian

Stupid nonsense posted before I was done. I hope my edit doesn't disqualify me.

Firewind
Stormzone
Unisonic
Dream Evil
Mob Rules
Edguy

Secret Sphere
X-Piral
Shadowside
Circle II Circle
Crimson Glory
Savatage

Alright here goes..

Friday (from starter to headliner, obviously):
Edgend
Brave
Subsignal
Cynic
Sabaton
Shadow Gallery

Saturday:
Pharaoh
Future's End
Cloudscape
Kiuas
Ihsahn
Savatage

Alright here goes..

Friday (from starter to headliner, obviously):
Edgend
Brave
Subsignal
Cynic
Sabaton
Shadow Gallery

Saturday:
Pharaoh
Future's End
Cloudscape
Kiuas
Ihsahn
Savatage

Good lineup. The only thing is that if Cynic were on they would most likely be a headliner, at worst the 5th band as they probably have outsold pretty much everyone on the Friday date.

The roster is *complete.*

Win a VIP ticket to ProgPower USA XII. List your predictions of the actual roster for both nights in order starting from opener (1) to headliner (6) in this thread only. The one with the most correct names in the most correct slots wins. One point for the correct band, two points for the correct night, three points for the correct slot. There is a total of 72 points available. In the event of a tie, there will be a random drawing to determine the winner.

You are allowed only one entry.
You are not allowed to edit or delete your post (I can see these things).

Deadline is Sept 1st at 1200 EST.

Pellaz won last year with this entry:

Fri.

1. Illusion Suite
2. Anubis Gate
3. Delain
4. Seventh Wonder
5. Tarot
6. Kamelot

Sat.

1. Astral Doors
2. Hardcore Superstar
3. Bloodbound
4. Narnia
5. Nocturnal Rites
6. Shadow Gallery

How many of these guesses were correct? Not against the eventual lineup but against the announcement video?

Six, which is pretty awesome. Although according to the rules, you can win by picking fewer than someone else if you're more accurate about where in the lineup they fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.