PP USA XIII: Official Guess the Roster Contest *ENDS TODAY!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likelihood of Symphony X or Sabaton seems remote and I am surprised to see them show up on these lists. Both bands now tour regularly in the States.

Both headliners at PPXI regularly toured the states. I think touring the states is overrated as a concern given that these tours tend to not cover too much ground. Whole regions get excluded. For a lot of us, Atlanta is the closest place to go to see our favorite bands. The only band I can think of that probably covers most of the USA is Nightwish. All the others just do Springfield, WV, the NE, the industrial Midwest, and the West Coast.

Edit: and I see Glenn beat me to it.:)

And yes, quality of the venue does matter to me, a lot. I hate standing up in smoke-filled clubs. I like the theater setting. Being able to see a band locally doesn't make me less likely to go to PP. In fact, it makes me less likely to see the band locally, since I can go to PP for the superior venue. Although I'm sure most metal fans are hardier than I am.

The bottom line is that if putting a roster together was as easy as everyone thought, then there would be a hell of a lot more festivals out there to compete with. It's easy & awesome to be an armchair quarterback though when it's not your ass on the line though right? :loco:

Question for you Glenn: seeing as how you already have the 2012 roster set in your mind (pending booking them of course) and after looking at everyone's guesses so far, is there any band (without naming them of course) that wasn't on your radar that you think would be perfect for the fest in the future? Just curious.

I was going to guess them too, but I was figuring the band was trying to steer clear of the "Prog" tag, since they are trying to be a mainstream rock band. I'd love to see them though.

Yeah I totally agree, but I don't think that necessarily excludes them from possibly playing the festival. Portnoy's name alone would help ticket sales IMO.

Friday:

7. Lost in Thought
6. Katagory 5
5. hell
4. Falconer
3. Symfonia
2. Anathema
1. Threshold

Saturday:

6. Myrath
5. Triosphere
4. Narnia
3. In this Moment
2. Rhapsody of Fire
1. Savatage

I'm a big Russell fan but not a chance.

I just think the average person would rather go for a well-known singer than a well-known drummer. Certainly Portnoy is more popular, but I don't know if a lot of people would go see a band just because he's in it, whereas I would see more people going for a band due to Russel being in it. I also think Portnoy's drama may hurt as I'm sure some people have been turned off by his drama.

I just think the average person would rather go for a well-known singer than a well-known drummer. Certainly Portnoy is more popular, but I don't know if a lot of people would go see a band just because he's in it

Dude, I've been to Portnoy drum clinics that drew more people than certain Symphony X tour stops. :lol: I think you're seriously underestimating Portnoy (well, Dream Theater, really) drawing power and crazy fanbase. Believe me, if Portnoy posted online he was gonna be drinking coffee at the Times Square Starbucks tomorrow at 9am, there would be a ton of people there. Just saying...

Here goes nothing!

Friday:
1 Lost in Thought
2 Cynthesis
3 Power of Omens
4 Threshold
5 Shadow Gallery
6 Tarja
7 Masterplan

Saturday:
1 Eypsode
2 Creation's End
3 Artizan
4 Mindflow
5 Adagio
6 Firewind

I have no idea what I'm doing, but here goes.

(1=opener, 6/7=headliners. I probably will never have heard of the openers anyway, so I'm going for partial credit with big-name bands on those.)

Friday:

1. Rhapsody of Fire
2. Atlantean Kodex
3. Triosphere
4. Communic
5. Falconer
6. Tarja
7. Symphony X

Saturday:

1. Masterplan
2. Kingcrow
3. Alcest
4. Dark Moor
5. Devin Townsend
6. Savatage
Glenn just filed for bankruptcy just reading this post..
Keep this lineup saved though just in case
anyone wins a Powerball lottery though as it is quite awsome

Awe hell,I'll play...
Friday
1.Cynthesis
2.Sybreed(different kind of oddball)
3.Amaranthe
4.Falconer
5.Jag Panzer
6.Riverside
7.Pagan's Mind

Saturday
1.Tesseract
2.Freedom Call
3.Astral Doors
4.Pretty Maids
5.Shadow Gallery
6.Redemption

Friday:
1.) Eumeria
2.) Sunrise
3.) Lost in Thought
4.) Kingcrow
5.) Eden's Curse
6.) Powerworld
7.) Shadow Gallery

Saturday:
1.) Enbound
2.) Amaranthine
3.) Excalion
4.) Cain's Offering
5.) Sabaton
6.) Savatage

Lots of love for Amranthe. I think Amaranthe is like Seventh Wonder a couple years ago, one of those bands that has just GOT to be in the festival, and yesterday.

I don't like Amaranthe, but I'm guessing they're gonna be on it. Mine is more of guesses than a wish list. Except for Pagan's Mind headlining. That's truly a wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.