PP USA XIII: Official Guess the Roster Contest *ENDS TODAY!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as they were one of the most requested returning bands on the Facebook Poll, the only answer is YES!! :headbang::kickass:

Not to mention that I believe in one of those "5 questions for Glenn" last year, he even stated that at this point, they could probably headline. Having said that though, I don't really want them to. As I've stated before, I love the band but it's only been two years and one album since their last appearance. Also, you have to consider that their last appearance they played for 75 minutes. Would their next appearance after just one new album be all that different? I would much prefer to see them again once they have an additional album beyond the one they released this past year.

Lots of love for Amranthe. I think Amaranthe is like Seventh Wonder a couple years ago, one of those bands that has just GOT to be in the festival, and yesterday.

Not so much as love as i have on;y heard a few songs by them,and they do sound cool..
Its the way this band is getting a lot of hype in these parts lately and you know Glenn has his ear to things(ala Seventh Wonder)
My list is kinda a guess with a little wish

Not to mention that I believe in one of those "5 questions for Glenn" last year, he even stated that at this point, they could probably headline. Having said that though, I don't really want them to. As I've stated before, I love the band but it's only been two years and one album since their last appearance. Also, you have to consider that their last appearance they played for 75 minutes. Would their next appearance after just one new album be all that different? I would much prefer to see them again once they have an additional album beyond the one they released this past year.

qft

I definitely think they are ready. Besides, there are some people that have never seen Pagan's Mind live. Personally, I have only seen them one time in a 30 minute opening set for Stratovarius. So I would be pumped for a headlining set! I'm sure like, Evergrey this year, they could pull off a "special" set maybe doing Celestial Entrance in it's entirety along with a good amount of new material. That would be amazing!

Lots of love for Amranthe. I think Amaranthe is like Seventh Wonder a couple years ago, one of those bands that has just GOT to be in the festival, and yesterday.

Lots of Love for the guys in EUMERIA and LOST IN THOUGHT, those would be two awesome openers or maybe two awesome bands for the Showcase, are you listening Shane?

I've only heard one or two Amaranthe tunes, so I can't say I love them. They just seem a likely addition to ProgPower. And assuming they play the same year as Falconer, Elise could potentially field any female vocals that might be required, since she did do some vocals for them, and they'd be playing the same fest.

Seeing as they were one of the most requested returning bands on the Facebook Poll, the only answer is YES!! :headbang::kickass:

They only had 281 votes. So even if they all showed up, that still wouldn't be anywhere near a sellout. However, their set last time they played at PPUSA was to a packed house, so who knows.

Have they ever done a headlining tour in the US before?

They only had 281 votes. So even if they all showed up, that still wouldn't be anywhere near a sellout. However, their set last time they played at PPUSA was to a packed house, so who knows.

Have they ever done a headlining tour in the US before?

Not to my knowledge. I think among the majority of the ProgPower faithful, they would have a packed house as a headliner!

I am sure that this is more wishful thinking than a shot at winning!

Friday
1) Triosphere
2) No Gravity
3) Appearance of Nothing
4) Apocalyptica (left-field choice)
5) Serenity
6) Devin Townsend
7) Shadow Gallery

Saturday
1) Kingcrow
2) Tomorrow’s Eve
3) Orden Ogan
4) James LaBrie
5) Redemption
6) Symphony X

4) Apocalyptica (left-field choice)

No chance in hell. I love this band (?) despite thinking their last one sucked, but I know they regularly sell out the HOB in Chicago and I imagine they do elsewhere to, so I doubt they'd play the fest let alone only getting a 4 slot. I think years ago, it could've been a possibility as an oddball but they're too big now.

This is obviously just a wish list... I'll be beside myself with joy if one or two of my guesses makes the roster next year.

Friday

1. Unisonic
2. Triosphere
3. Heavenly
4. Serenity
5. Symphonia
6. Masterplan
7. Pretty Maids

Saturday

1. Dark Moor
2. Amaranthe
3. Mystic Phophecy
4. Freedom Call
5. Pagan’s Mind
6. Within Temptation

As much as I'd love to see Symfonia, its apparently rather difficult to book any band with members from Brazil. Andre Matos was scheduled to be on ProgPower two years ago and was forced to drop due to visas issues. If that were not the case I definitely would have put both Symfonia and Hibria on my list of predictions.

As much as I'd love to see Symfonia, its apparently rather difficult to book any band with members from Brazil. Andre Matos was scheduled to be on ProgPower two years ago and was forced to drop due to visas issues. If that were not the case I definitely would have put both Symfonia and Hibria on my list of predictions.

While I'm sure it's not easy, it can be done. Angra and Mindflow are proof of that.

Okay, I am going to take a shot at this again. Last year I only had 2 correct so hope that I do a little better this year.

Friday
1. Manimal
2. Engel
3. Eumera
4. Bloodbound
5. Amaranthe
6. MasterPlan
7. Symphony X

Saturday
1. Southern Cross
2. Kingcrow
3. Sinbreed
4. Borealis
5. Pretty Maids
6. Pagan's Mind

Friday:
1.Blackgaurd (insert trollface here)
2.Secret Sphere
3.Freedom Call
4.Steel Attack
5.Scar Symmetry
6.Amorphis

Sat:
1. Swashbuckle ( Jello wrestling with Blackguard night )
2. Gouda Borgir
3. solution .45
4. stream of passion
5. Mercenary
6. Pagan's Mind

Friday:
1.Blackgaurd (insert trollface here)
2.Secret Sphere
3.Freedom Call
4.Steel Attack
5.Scar Symmetry
6.Amorphis

Sat:
1. Swashbuckle ( Jello wrestling with Blackguard night )
2. Gouda Borgir
3. solution .45
4. stream of passion
5. Mercenary
6. Pagan's Mind

Scar Symmetry AND Solution .45 on the same bill? That ought to be interesting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.