PP VIII wishlist

lifesadream said:
Epica was awesome and got a great response. I think having another female fronted band would be awesome.

I agree with you. Bring on Within Temptation or After Forever :rolleyes:
But still, Rhapsody :worship: Fabio wants to play @ PP! I'll totally be a proud sponsor for them. :headbang:

speedy1383 said:
This is a fun thread. Always like these things. Ok. Here are some groups I would like to see next year.

Sonata Arctica-glad that many people want them to come
After Forever-love Floor's voice. great stuff
Royal Hunt-time for them to come to the US
Pagan's Mind-time for them to return. just love the playing of the guitar player. He was fantastic on Saturday.
Hammerfall
Firewind
Derdian-good Italian prog band
Intense
Silent Force-not a great group but I would love to hear DC Cooper sing
Within Temptation-may not be heavy enough, but they do have a great singer

I have a feeling getting Royal Hunt and Silent Force together at the same place and time would be next to impossible.

Empress said:
I agree with you. Bring on Within Temptation or After Forever :rolleyes:
But still, Rhapsody :worship: Fabio wants to play @ PP! I'll totally be a proud sponsor for them. :headbang:

I've been a fan of Rhapsody for a long time, but I'm not too keen on their new stuff. I think it would be great for them to play but only if the kept the set to stuff from "Legendary Tales", "Symphony of Enchanted Lands", or Luca does "Kings of the Nordic Twighlight".

I like Luca's new CD too. It's just the last 4 Rhapsody CDs all seemed to sound like the same thing over and over, if that makes sense.

Arcturus
Novembre
Wolverine
Dark Suns
Green Carnation
Agalloch
Anathema
Devin Townsend
Within Temptation
Porcupine Tree

Bryan316 said:
DETHKLOK

skwisgaarvd3.gif
HELL YEAH!!!!!!:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

small1_1133998700.jpg

Pyramaze51 said:
Damn, only three days removed and everyone wants more, me included. So okay here it is.

Pre-Party

Meyvn
Spheric Univerise Experience
Pyramaze
Freak Kitchen

Friday

Cloudscape
Notural Rites
Redemption
Orphaned Land
NIGHTWISH

Saturday

Scar Symmetry
Mindflow
Vanden Plas
Therion
Symphony X

oh sweet jesus that'd be an amazing show.

13 nods for Redemption thus far + mine is 14. If they are not there, somethig is bad wrong.:hotjump:

Threshold!!! HELLO???
Freedom Call
HUMAN FORTRESS!!!!
Iron Saviour
Vanden Plas
Power Quest
Axxis
Leave's Eyes or Lunatica
Scar Symmetry
Any of Magnus Karlson's projects, especially Last Tribe or Lande/Allen
Elvenking

DarkOne said:
Okay, here's my proposed PP. My rules were:

• no more than three repeaters (although that rule isn't really in place anymore)
  • Not just picking my personal favorite bands, but picking ones that would be realistic and affordable
  • Picking a mix of Prog and Power
  • Leaving a spot or two blank, since Glenn usually comes up with something new and different

Oh, I just shamelessly picked my favorites. My idea of a reality check was to add an extra band every day, you know, in case someone dropped out due to unforeseen circumstances. :lol:

Pre-Party:

Lethal
Pyramaze
Vision Divine
Van Helsing’s Curse (Hey, it will *almost* be Halloween…)
Queensryche. The Original Line-up. And they aren't allowed to play anything released after "Empire". :)

Friday:

Within Temptation
Edguy
Circus Maximus
Symphony X
Savatage
Dream Theater

Saturday:

Stratovarius
Shadow Gallery
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Preview of the 2009 “Beethoven’s Last Night” tour :cool:
Ayreon performing “The Human Equation”
Fates Warning
Iron Maiden

Heavenly Call said:
Threshold!!! HELLO???
Freedom Call
HUMAN FORTRESS!!!!
Iron Saviour
Vanden Plas
Power Quest
Axxis
Leave's Eyes or Lunatica
Scar Symmetry
Any of Magnus Karlson's projects, especially Last Tribe or Lande/Allen
Elvenking

HUMAN FORTRESS!!!! Hell yes, althought I didn't get into "Defenders of the Crown", " Lord of Earth & Heavens Heir" kicked major ass, "Divine Astronomy" is my favorite track off that one.

BTW, Leave's Eyes is playing with Blind Guardian in Atlanta on Dec 8th I believe at the Roxy.

Dont care who plays so long as I get one of the following:

Riverside
Persuader
Iron Savior

(the Savage Circus guys loved the reception, and were open to returning with their other bands). Make it so!