PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

I was looking at Residence Inn and to book that far in advance they charge the room rate upfront and its nonrefundable. Probably because to many people book all 4 days and then cancel at the last minute.

Uh... you may want to re-check that. The search results for the Residence Inn on the Marriott website show the nonrefundable pre-paid rates at the top (which save you $10 per night), but if you scroll down, they also have the regular rates, which charge you nothing up front, and are fully cancelable until the day before you arrive, with no charge.

And even if you're determined to save the $10 by pre-paying 11 months in advance, just make a reservation for only Friday and Saturday at the moment, then make another one for Wednesday and Thursday later on if you decide to go for those days.

I can certainly understand wanting to know now, but it doesn't seem like it should have any major impact on hotel booking. :)

We are pleased to announce the second slot band for ProgPower USA XVII Day 1 (Wednesday). We will continue releasing bands for the new Day 1 & 2 format every Friday. Tickets for Day 1 & 2 (combined) go on sale November 7th. More info TBA.

https://vimeo.com/140414281

Thanks to our Art Director, Wayne Joyner, for his continued excellence with the video productions. On behalf of Nathan, Milton, & myself.....thank your for your continued support!

Since we seem to be on an Arjen Lucassen kick for next year, which I absolutely love btw, what are the chance of Guilt Machine of Star One? I'm probably just dreaming for both of them.

I have a suspicion based on all the current bands for all four days that are currently announced. I THINK I SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING but I hesitate to say anything because I don't want to jinx it. Also because I'm probably wrong. BUT I AM SENSING A PATTERN.

I know that a lot of people have clamored to see some of the great bands that have already played at ProgPower such as Threshold, Kingcrow, Myrath, Orphaned Land, etc, etc, etc., but I for one am totally happy that some bands that I have never seen at ProgPower are being lined up. I'm good with Stream of Passion.

I have a suspicion based on all the current bands for all four days that are currently announced. I THINK I SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING but I hesitate to say anything because I don't want to jinx it. Also because I'm probably wrong. BUT I AM SENSING A PATTERN.

Except that Stream Of Passion has little to do with Arjen anymore. He only played on the first album, and after that the lineup was adjusted to be a working band for the long-term.

Same goes with The Quiet Storm, which it was understood that he wasn't going to tour with them.