PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

Sorry Joan. I need to burst that bubble before rumors take over. Aryeon remains nothing but a dream.

This DOES leave us with the opportunity to hear a few Ayreon songs performed over the course of the fest, though! At this point its the best we can hope for, I fear :).

Absolutely excellent band!!!! I have their DVD with Arjen "Live in a real World", obviously Arjen says he is retired from live playing and SoP has a full compliment on their band now!, so there is that. Should be awesome!!!Great job Milton and crew

Bear

Absolutely excellent band to start out the fest!!!! I have their DVD with Arjen "Live in a real World", obviously Arjen says he is retired from live playing and SoP has a full compliment on their band now!, so there is that. Should be awesome!!!Great job Milton and crew

Bear

Thanks!!! But they are the second band on Wednesday - something else will kick the fest off. :)

Great choice, but I still want my Threshold. Its been many years and I have not see them and they have released killer after killer record since then.:

Great choice, but I still want my Threshold. Its been many years and I have not see them and they have released killer after killer record since then.:

Totally agree about SoP, and Threshold. I was fortunate to see them with Mac at PPIII, but missed them at PPVIII due to back surgery. So that's going on a long 14 years for me (and never with Wilson). Ever since Headspace was so high on Glenn's list a couple years ago (and it's a damn fine CD), I've been hoping he could get them too so we could get a double dose of Damian. Still one or the other or both would be damn spiffy. :D

Nice! I played that first CD nonstop for months. Need to get caught up on the rest of the catalog!

Another band I know nothing of, but from the feedback posted here they seem to be very well received. Time to do some more research. Keep 'em coming guys.

I wasn't too crazy about Gloryhammer (although I'm sure I will enjoy them live) but Stream of Passion is a solid A+ from me.

Curious about why you announced the #2 band, and not the #1 band first?

Since people are posting about who they'd love to see on the fest, i'll second Threshold, but I'd also like to throw Pharaoh into the mix - one of the greatest American metal bands of the century IMO. I'd also love to see some of the bands of 2015 that had to drop (particularly Anubis Gate, Morgana Lefay, and While Heaven Wept) get another shot at playing ProgPower at some point. :) Also, PROGTHRASH - Heathen, Mekong Delta, Toxik, Blind Illusion, Voivod, Vektor, Sadus, Helstar, etc. - as for power metal, I'd love to one day see an After Forever or Power Quest reunion, if either ever happen. And of course, Fairyland + Dark Moor. OKAY, enough fanwanking. :p

PS Milton, it was cool actually getting to chat at Riverside in NYC. Was a great time, and I am so thrilled I got to see one of my favorite bands twice in a week. Cheers.

I wasn't too crazy about Gloryhammer (although I'm sure I will enjoy them live) but Stream of Passion is a solid A+ from me.

Curious about why you announced the #2 band, and not the #1 band first?

PS Milton, it was cool actually getting to chat at Riverside in NYC. Was a great time, and I am so thrilled I got to see one of my favorite bands twice in a week. Cheers.

Thanks for the feedback; glad you're excited! I am too, extremely!

Why did we announce the #2 band? To remind everyone that no matter how much you think you can predict what we'll do, you really can't, ever. :)

It was great meeting you in NYC as well - hope you can come down for more shows, more often!

-M

Ok, I can already tell that this will be the first year I come for Wednesday through Saturday. I have been for Thursday before, but never Wednesday. At least I purchased tickets for both Wednesday and Thursday this year to support the festival even though I couldn't go.

I am definitely a fan of bands with female lead singers, so I was glad when Unleash the Archers was added this year and I can't wait to see The Gentle Storm and Stream of Passion next year. Should definitely be a fun week.

I know that a lot of people have clamored to see some of the great bands that have already played at ProgPower such as Threshold, Kingcrow, Myrath, Orphaned Land, etc, etc, etc., but I for one am totally happy that some bands that I have never seen at ProgPower are being lined up. I'm good with Stream of Passion.

Yes, I agree with you. I'm usually most excited about the bands that have never played PPUSA.

Except Shadow Gallery. I'd like them to play every year. :Spin:

Guy