PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

I would love to see Freak Kitchen as the #3 band on Wednesday. It would assure a 4 day trip for me as it's one of the my wife's favorite bands from our past visit.

That said, if i had 1 complaint it would rather see Wednesday have 3 bands and THursday have 4 bands. I'm assuming Wednesday will have an earlier start time and seeing as we're driving down from Michigan that means we'll have to leave earlier to get there for the opening band on Wed.

I saw this one coming from a million miles away, and I'm very happy with it. Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind both seem to have a special place with this festival and it seems we can expect them every 3-4 years. With a new Circus Maximus album coming out I would have been very surprised not to see them.

So there are three left. I have a very strong feeling that Vanden Plas is going to be one of them. Hoping Dynazty is another, but that seem less likely given only headliner and the slot just before the headliner are available. Milton hinted that Wed/Thu would be more to power metal fans liking, and we really only have 2 power metal bands on these nights and they're only openers, so I'm expecting some power metal headliners.

Good choice. But, yes, hoping for a power metal headliner.

Regardless, I'll be going and I hope I can VIP it up again. No idea where in the world I'll be, but I won't be missing this.

Circus Maximus, Oh Yeah!!! Finally a band announcement worth making the trip on Thursday. And they should have a new album to promote.

Hope that it is not too ambitious but I am feeling Amorphis, as Glen's Pick for Headliner :)

That would make a full 4 day sell out pretty easy!

That's my hope as well!

Britt

That would be awesome.

I'm not a fan of either of the first two bands announced for Thursday, but I'm sure there will be other bands on Wednesday, and the headliner will make me show up for those two days.

Instant shoe-in for me on Thursday at this point. I've already seen Circus Maximus in 2013 but will see them any time they are ever playing the fest.

Now I'm still expecting one more must-see band out of the three who remain.

I keep remembering Glenn stating something along the lines of Power metal fans we got you covered on Thursday next year...So that leads me to think a huge Power metal name will be the headliner.