PPUSA Day 1 Headliner Announcement! (update 11/16)

Interesting - I'm not a fan, but that is almost certainly because I have never really given them a chance. Where is a good place to begin with their catalog? Time to do some homework.

I would recommend Day for Night, V and Kindness of Strangers. I think their most popular era is with Neal Morse (before they went full Christian rock with Snow). I thought their first album Nick D'Virigillio as singer (Feel Euphoira) was quite good too. But I lost track of them after that, not sure who is even in the band at this point.

While those are great choices to start with, I'd start with the most recent two as those have Ted Leonard (Enchant) on vocals since more of the setlist now features the songs from those albums.

Thanks! Oblivion Particle has been ordered and it looks like Spotify has about 9 of their discs, although nothing pre-2003. This should keep me busy for a while.

This announcement alone makes the first two days a "must see." I don't know much from SB, but from what I've heard, I really dig. Actually, for a while, Snow was among my favorite albums, as it was intense and emotional. I haven't heard too much since, so it will be nice to do some research.

I can't wait for the remaining announcements.

The idea of Spock's Beard playing ProgPower has never once crossed my mind in my life.

So my mind was blown in about half a second when I saw the name in the announcement. That was truly a surprise as Milton promised.

I am now definitely there the entire weekend.

OK, you got my attention, like you knew you would. Thank you for not completely forgetting about us old school prog rock fans. A Great addition to the festival!!

Dare I wish for similar bands like Magic Pie or Cryptic Vision in the future?

not my cup of tea, but I recognize the talent so congrats to the Prog people.

I didn't want to scroll through miles and miles of posts, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but are there going to be VIP tickets or any sort of sponsor-type thingy with days 1 and 2, or is it just GA?

I didn't want to scroll through miles and miles of posts, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered, but are there going to be VIP tickets or any sort of sponsor-type thingy with days 1 and 2, or is it just GA?

GA at the moment.

Nathan, Milton, and I are still working ticket logistics, etc.

Hey everyone,

Little update for you guys...

Due to reasons beyond our control, we will not be announcing the next Wednesday/Thursday band tomorrow. Expect a possible announcement earlier than usual next week.

The good news is that Glenn, Nathan and I are preparing a pretty awesome surprise for all of you. So stay tuned because waiting a little more will be worth it.

In other related news, the on-sale date for Days 1 and 2 will probably be pushed back a few weeks, so we'll update everyone when we have a new date set in stone. At this point, there are no plans of selling single-night tickets, but this may change as we draw closer to the event. Trust me guys - there's a method to our madness and everything will make sense soon enough.

On behalf of myself, Nathan and Glenn, I want to thank everyone for their continued support and hope to see everyone in Atlanta for the whole four days.

-Milton