PPUSA fitted ladies t-shirts.. would you pre-order?

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
It's been a while since us ladies were offered an option. :) I've taken on the project (after seeing/hearing multiple requests!) of gauging interest. So far, here's what I'm thinking..

• Would be pre-order ONLY; pick-up at festival
  • Black t-shirt
  • Fitted, but not super tight
  • PPUSA logo across front
  • I would post details pix and size info (measurements) beforehand
  • $25

There would have to be a significant number (@ 3 dozen) ordered in order for me to take on the headache. :saint:

Answer our facebook poll.

~Jen

If all goes according to plan, I would indeed receive a sample prior to our approval for the press. I would take and upload photos with my digital camera and post measurement details (armpit to armpit, length, etc.). I would also tell everyone how "true to size" the sample is.

~Jen

If all goes according to plan, I would indeed receive a sample prior to our approval for the press. I would take and upload photos with my digital camera and post measurement details (armpit to armpit, length, etc.). I would also tell everyone how "true to size" the sample is.

~Jen

that would be awesome, Jen - both the shirt and you posting sizes/truth in sizing :)
thanks!
you rock xx

Update: not sure yet if it would be crew neck or V-neck..

I'm sorry, but no, I will not ship ladies tees.. must be picked up at the fest.

Also, all of the band logos will not fit on a fitted tee and be legible.. and we would have to pay an additional (hefty) fee for an extra, intricate screen print press/design.

~Jen

Wouldn't having you and Su model various cuts, sizes, etc. of these proposed fitted T-shirts help in marketing?

Preferably in High Definition photos - you know, so the LADIES can see what you, I mean, the T-SHIRTS have to offer?

Just trying to help out.

I am pretty darn sure that Donna and my twins Daughters will each purchase one...so that is 3 shirts right there!!!

I'd be interested in that.

The type of shirt would be the deciding factor for me. I hate the short waist shirts. I prefer long ones like this

Wouldn't having you and Su model various cuts, sizes, etc. of these proposed fitted T-shirts help in marketing?

Of course it would; however, I model for hubby only. ;)

I am pretty darn sure that Donna and my twins Daughters will each purchase one...so that is 3 shirts right there!!!

Thanks, Stan! I really appreciate the feedback.

I hate the short waist shirts. I prefer long ones like this

Oh, me too! The longer shirts are more concealing..

~Jen

I'd be interested in that.

The type of shirt would be the deciding factor for me. I hate the short waist shirts. I prefer long ones like this

I'm no fashion expert, so correct me if I'm wrong, but is that basically just a regular small-size shirt with a bit of a tapered mid section?

I'm no fashion expert, so correct me if I'm wrong, but is that basically just a regular small-size shirt with a bit of a tapered mid section?

Shorter sleeves, longer torso, and shaped for a woman's curves (tapered mid). Depending on the brand, the neckline often is a bit lower and they're usually made of a lighter stretchier material than guy's tshirts.

I'd more than likely pre-order one, but being short-waisted would need the length measurement to decide. A lot of the longer shirts go past my butt and look bunchy.

Preferably in High Definition photos - you know, so the LADIES can see what you, I mean, the T-SHIRTS have to offer?

Just trying to help out.

Beat me to it.

sorry folks - you've heard it before: TANSTAAFL or (in this case) a free model...while we appreciate the love, there are other women who would love to have the chance to model for you, i'm sure...and as much as Glenn and Jen know that i support them and the festival, they will respect the fact that i would go with a *no* on this

PLUS there are FAR better women in the PPUSA crowd for this modeling gig - you would want someone to fill it out nicely, right? i'm sure you can get volunteers!

:saint:

First let me say, thank you, Jen, for looking into this. I have been wanting a new ProgPower girl's shirt for years, so hopefully all of your hard work here will pay off for us ProgPower ladies. :)

I like the PP tank top I bought years ago but hardly ever wear it because it is just the ProgPower logo. I think I would wear the logo t-shirt we are talking about here more, but I am super jealous of the guy's getting shirts that have the cool designs and all the bands logos. I have on occassion bought the men's shirts before, but hardly ever wear them because they don't fit me well. I'm really glad that in recent years, more bands have started to do more with their girl's shirts than just a simple logo across the chest and I really wish ProgPower could find a way to do the same.

Also, all of the band logos will not fit on a fitted tee and be legible.. and we would have to pay an additional (hefty) fee for an extra, intricate screen print press/design.

~Jen

We had guys and girls shirts made for FotV III. The printer that we used did a great job. He was able to size the design to be the same on both the guys and the girls shirts, so we didn't need to pay for another screen to be made.

I'm at work, so I only have a few images from my facebook that I can show you, but they should give you some idea of what I'm talking about:
180412_10150090348972061_108365872060_6824535_1312617_n.jpg

149427_584845936986_9502596_34468720_1614572_n.jpg

Granted, we only had 8 bands that year (whose logos all fit on the shield on the front of the shirt) and ProgPower usually has about 16 (if you include the pre-show band logos), but I think with the longer/larger style girlie shirts you are considering it could be doable. I'd personally be willing to pay an extra $5-10 for the shirt if it meant I could get a girl's shirt with the actual festival design on it (instead of just the festival logo).

Anyway, just thought I'd share this in hopes that it might open up the opportunity for girl's shirts with a full design to be considered in the future, even if it might not be possible for this year.

Either way, thanks again for looking into this on behalf of us ProgPower ladies.

I would probably buy one if they were the longer type.

One other idea for the back is to have the PP logo and the dates of the fest, and maybe even a list of all the bands (not their logos) in 2 columns or something. I wear my PP shirts because I want to advertise the fest, but having only the logo on the front will not be that visible.

Thanks for looking into this Jen!