Praise and Thanks to Bloodbath and Blakkheim

dsoul

Feb 27, 2005
This is my first time posting on the Bloodbath forums, but I've been checking the site and the forums daily since their inception.

I just wanted to thank Bloodbath, all of its members former and present, for being one of the only bands in the entire metal scene who maintain and improve the glorious sound of death metal, and all the while listening (or at least making coincidental decisions that seemingly match the fans constant wants) to the fans.

Blakkheim, I wouldn't even have bothered with this post, except for the small chance that you might see it and read it. As metal fans, most of us get caught up in what we want, and what we aren't happy with, and rarely mention the fact that we are thrilled with what we got.

From the very first time I cocked an eyebrow in interest at seeing Breeding Death at my local record store when it came out, to buying Resurrection Through Carnage and Nightmares Made Flesh as a priority the day they came out, to nearly shitting myself when I saw that I had a package from Sweden with my blood red Bloodbath shirt, I have been thrilled, pumped, and excited over every new bit of news involving Bloodbath.

I can think of very few current Death Metal Bands that even hold a flame to the old Entombed, old Hypocrisy, Dismember, Malevolent Creation, Morbid Angel,etc etc sound that I can't get enough of.

Thank you, Blakkheim and Bloodbath, for keeping Death Metal alive and well, and for seemingly always choosing the best thing for the band (I remember the day I heard Akerfeldt had left the band the first thing I did was turn to my roomate and say "Wouldn't it be killer if they could get Tagtgren to replace him; and vice versa when I heard Tagtgren wouldn't make Wacken) and never copping out.

Long Live Bloodbath and old school Death Metal!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanna say that I agree with dsoul!
Bloodbath is the best Deathmetal band in the world and the best band in Sweden! Their music is a great inspiration to everything. Its wierd how a deathmetal band with really disqusting lyrics can be an inspiration for life but every day when I wake up and listen to Bloodbath I get happy to be alive.
I know it sounds weird but its just like that.

My band even wrote a tribute song for Bloodbath on our new promo called (waiting for my) Inner Slaughter just because we love their music so damn much!

If I cant afford to go to Wacken their atleast gonna do a live dvd and thats so great! But I hope that im gonna be there at Wacken to see the greatest Deathmetal band on this Earth!

Keep on this fuckin great metal dudes!

Hail!! //Mattias