Praise Saint Vitus Here

Mr_Haze

Aug 13, 2005
A thread inspired by Dodens sig.
I love this band, and listened to all of their full lengths in order the other day.
So, uhm. yes. All hail Saint Vitus :kickass:

I've always been interested in this band.. but never got any of their albums.. what is a good one to start off with... preferably a flawless one...

when are they gonna reissue their early albums.all can find are "wino" albums!??!

Born Too Late is my favorite.they cover a Black Flag classic Thirsty and Miserable on the c.d. version. Clear Windowpane and H.A.A.G. are timeless as well.

Saint Vitus are pretty cool. I haven't listened to them in a while and I don't own anything by them, but that will soon change with my new interest in doom metal.

Trad. doom: Great music, horribly closeminded fans who'll call you call kinds of names for contravening their limited definition of 'doom.'

On the topic of St. Vitus, though, I NEED to own something from this band within the next year. Where to start?

The albums to start with would be Born Too Late. It's the best one out of the ones that can be readily tracked down. Hallow's Victim was never even officially released on CD. Somebody REALLY needs to buy the rights from SST for those early albums. Die Healing and C.O.D. (very underrated) are a bitch to find as well.

IOfTheStorm said:
HAHAHA (thinking that your lolipop is "you are a moron")

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but to put it simply, I call you a moron because it's frustrating to see someone try to assert universal
"rules" when it comes to genre. I call you a moron because you refuse to accept the experience of others and try to tell them they're wrong and are living in a dream world, etc. while your name calling stems from thinking you know some magical universal facts about music that just don't exist.

Believe me, music has meant a lot of different things to people over the course of history, and its definition is broader than you're ever likely to admit.

So don't try to dismiss my namecalling, it's not the same as yours. Sure, I don't know everything, but that's the basis of my argument: none of us can.

^^
Exactly why i say that you are living in a dream world. I envy you for that though.
Anyway enough with the off topic material, The Vitus albums with Reagers are not THAT hard to find guys, f.e. i just did a search on Ebay and there is "Hallow's Victim" on cd (with the "Walking Dead" ep) with a decent price.

IOfTheStorm said:
Exactly why i say that you are living in a dream world. I envy you for that though.
Anyway enough with the off topic material

Fair enough, but I'd still like to hear it in your own terms. If you feel like giving me a short run-down of how that qualifies as living in a dream world, shoot me a PM sometime! Thanks anyway.