Saint Vitus one off Reunion Show

The Chicago Music Factory proudly presents
THE HEAVIEST SHOW EVER!!!
SAINT VITUS REUNION SHOW
The Chicago Music Factory is proud to announce a music event that is not to be missed.

On Tuesday, July 1st the Double Door in Chicago will host this special metal event marking the return of the legendary Saint Vitus to the stage.

The classic “Born Too Late” era line up of Dave Chandler, Scott “Wino” Wienrich, Armando Acosta and Mark Adams will take the stage together for the fist time since 1991.

Dave Chandler had this to say about the reason behind the reunion and why Chicago as the location?
“After we (Debris Inc.) performed “Born Too Late” at Wacken Open Air in Germany last summer I saw that people still care about my music, I wanted my old band mates to see the reaction of people today to our music. We are going to play the With Full Force Festival in Germany and thought we should do a club show to warm up. We picked Chicago because it has always been one of the best cities we ever played in.”

This does no mark a fulltime reunion of Saint Vitus as Chandler wants to concentrate on his new band Debris Inc. with also features Ron Holzner of Trouble fame and a host of other well known names as special guests. Their happydrunkenstonerdoompunk sound will also grace the stage on July 1st where you can expect a very unique set with some very special guests sitting in on their set to jam.

Direct support to Saint Vitus will be Chicago’s very own Macabre who have recently finished up the recording of their forthcoming Murder Metal release scheduled for release September 23rd worldwide. Macabre are also planning to perform a special set for this special occasion.

If that wasn’t enough heavy music in one night, opening the show will be Eyehategod direct from New Orleans, LA .

Eyehategod features Jimmy Bower from Down and Superjoint Ritual and the ultimate band to kick off the festivities.
Eyehategod haven't played out live in a long time, but being that they are huge Vitus fans they wanted to be a part of this special event and so did the Chicago Music Factory.

The Chicago Music Factory is the new merchandising and promotions company of Rodney Pawlak (Mind Melt Media) and Kevin Sharp (Brutal Truth) and this show will kick off what will be a series of special events in the months to come. Purchasing tickets far in advance is strongly suggested.

WHO: SAINT VITUS (reunion), MACABRE, DEBRIS INC. & EYEHATEGOD.

WHAT: THE HEAVIEST SHOW EVER!!!

WHERE: Double Door 1572 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Chicago ph 773.489-3160

WHEN: TUESDAY, JULY 1st 2003 AT 8:00 PM

TICKETS: $15, advance tickets go on sale through Ticketmaster on 5/10/03

ADDITIONAL INFO: this is a 21 and over show

informational websites of interest:
www.theCMF.com CHICAGO MUSIC FACTORY
www.saintvitusreunion.com SAINT VITUS
www.murdermetal.com MACABRE
www.debrisinc.com DEBRIS INC.
www.eyehategod.com EYEHATEGOD
www.mindmelt.com MINDMELTMEDIA
For more information contact:
Rodney Pawlak at rodney@thecmf.com or call 773.782.0911

And to be released in conjunction with the show:

upcoming from RavenMoon

mastering by Chris Kozlowski

a timeless tale...a tribute to Saint Vitus
volumes one and two
featuring:
-volume/saint vitus
-sons of otis/born too late
-earthride/white magic/black magic
-mirror of deception/one mind
-internal void/prayer for the masses
-abdullah/i bleed black
-sea witch/a timeless tale
-violet vortex/children of doom
-eternal elysium/just friends(empty love)
-goatsnake/burial at sea
-ogre/mystic lady
-tummler/war is our destiny
-mood/ice monkey
-october/fear
-northwinds/clear windowpane
-the black/hallow's victim
-dreaming/warstarter
-dragonauta/living backwards
-paul chain/let the end begin
-reverend bizarre/dark world
-sour vein/angry man
-voodoo shock/petra
-black manta/zombie hunger
-rwake/the sloth

RWAKE!!!!

I'm debating whether to take a couple day off from work and drive to Chicago from Toronto just to check them out. I never got to see them when they were active.
Other good news though is Trouble are playing an afternoon acoustic set at the Rock and roll hall of fame in Cleveland on June 14th. I'll be there that day for the Bravewords Bloodyknuckles 6 pack weekend festival where Trouble will be playing that night as well. Can't fucking wait....to say the least.
headbob.gif
sgrin.gif