Preamp, Impulse, EZ Drummer= Song

Curse9

Jun 10, 2008
Germany
Hi folks,

I finaly got into the impulse. I recorded a track with Hughes%&Kettner Metal Master, a tubescreamer and the impulse from guitarhack called edge half. four guitar tracks, left and right with a tubescreamer and two of them without but with sneap egde impulse.
i wanted to make a 80es sound for my metal projekt. just let me know what do you think? its just a roughmix and the bass is missing, should be tracked soon if i find a bassplayer...
heres the link: http://www.file-upload.net/download-1019471/1.mp3.html

thx in advance

yes i did! the metal master is a tube preamp, you get a nice bite when you use the tubscreamer.

how did you use the tubescreamer before or after the h&k can you give details
please give settings on tubescreamer and h&k i cant get good results with both:erk:

how did you use the tubescreamer before or after the h&k can you give details
please give settings on tubescreamer and h&k i cant get good results with both:erk:

All the way up to 11:headbang: no, i was joking, haha!

i put the tubscreamer infront of the metal master. turn gain1 and gain2 of the mm on 8. reduce the bass knob a bit and turn the middle and treble knob all up. the tubescreamer (soundtank from ibanez): out on 4,5, in 4, dc 2,5.

thats all!

use a waves eq and turn it until it sounds good.

lets hear something of your recordings!

All the way up to 11:headbang: no, i was joking, haha!

i put the tubscreamer infront of the metal master. turn gain1 and gain2 of the mm on 8. reduce the bass knob a bit and turn the middle and treble knob all up. the tubescreamer (soundtank from ibanez): out on 4,5, in 4, dc 2,5.

thats all!

use a waves eq and turn it until it sounds good.

lets hear something of your recordings!

thanks for the info.......i've posted some clips just look for my name and tell me what you think....

i'vwe heard the samples on your soundclick account. i think you can get a nice tone of the first track. just google for the "magic frequencies". by the way, i like your music dude! sounds very cool, are you in a band?

cool sound, i like it. reminds me a bit on mustasch, very dirty, its rawks! have you did it with the h&k mm?
just reduce the guitars a bit. the drums and cymbals are nearly missing!

cool sound, i like it. reminds me a bit on mustasch, very dirty, its rawks! have you did it with the h&k mm?
just reduce the guitars a bit. the drums and cymbals are nearly missing!

thanks...no its a laney gh50l amp ts7 tubescreamer and guitarhacks impulse now im playing with the h&k! i'll post some clips when im done....

Yeah it sounds good!
I have just bought a H&K cream machine. I'm trying to record some things with it and some impulses. But it's very difficult to get a good tone because cream machine hasn't got an eq!
Next days I'll give it a try using a Boss HM-2 in front of it and some post eq between impulse and H&K. Let's see what this little preamp can do. :Smokin: