Prediction: This will be in my top 3 come the end of the year

Jazzed out as hell, love it.

my predictions for top 3 are (in no particular order):
secret chiefs 3
gorguts
ulcerate

although i'm sure there will be plenty of amazing music this year, i'm hoping for new Sunn, Master Musicians of Bukkake, maybe something new from Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn.. Maybe Painkiller will do a new album since Yoshida Tatsuya is playing for them now too, who knows?

Hell yeah
His blasting is kinda weak but it should be awesome anyways
I can't wait for this, Ulcerate, Gorguts and Gorgasm
edit: and my own band's!

Yeah I dunno, a couple of them looked a little awkward, some looked alright
I don't doubt them for a second though... listen to the guitar from about 00:50 it sounds absolutely crushing

dunno about you guys but all i saw in that video was absolutely stellar drumming
awkward blasts? what?

look at the first blast, looks pretty weak (as in no power behind it)
But like I said, the dude is obviously a good drummer, and the music sounds great so I'm not complaining/worrying about anything

I mean, I did marching percussion so I am a stickler for shit no one cares about. The music was cool but for a more or less showcase video for his drumming the first thing I noticed was that his stick heights were like 1/2" off the head during blasts (I get it on the gravity blasts) and he never crossed his hands doing a blast using his left hand on the snare. Using your weak hand on the hats because it's the least important element of the blast will get you by but a technique snob (I know, Gareth it's deathmetal) like myself is usually not so forgiving. Live or in a full album mix with all of the elements on top, I'm sure it wouldn't mean dick but this is a video showing off the drummer's chops. Just an observation, dude has some skill, the music is cool, and I'm nit picking :)

I don't get why you care he only uses one hand for blasting?
He uses his stronger hand, surely that's better than using his weaker hand? :zombie:

Also it's not on all of the blasts, just a couple where they look like really soft hits

Dude we (at least I) mean that his first blast and the one at 00:27 look strange
The thing is that they sound absolutely fine

Dude we (at least I) mean that his first blast and the one at 00:27 look strange
The thing is that they sound absolutely fine

This.
His sticks are bouncing all weird, kinda close to the edge of the snare drum. It just looks like he's not that great at those faster blasts. The slower blasts look and sound good though.

i hope their new stuff isn't as hyper produced as their last album. i think the real thing stopping me from enjoying these guys is that the mix really hurts my ears