Predictions Of The Future...

well, akerfeldt came on stage after fair judgement and started playing some kind of nu age jazz, said 'this is a new song' and then started talking in french.

lets hop he was joking.

I'm guessing that they'll stay fairly polished production-wise...maybe concentrate a little more on the depressed/grim side of things...and generally a more mid-paced album ala BWP. As for the colour theme of the album...I'll guess...purple. *shrugs* Purpley/Blue.
Wouldn't it be cool if they brought the folky elements back in again...like morningrise/still life style. Hmmm, I'd like that.

some more jazzy riffs as on still life would be cool.......but I think I read somewhere that he wants to do a concept album with very dark atmosphere.....

I think a concept album would rule. And then one big long song like Crimson or Crimson II by EoS, in the style of Still Life an Blackwater Park. But so that you can skip between parts on the CD. Dark lyrics. A bit of a Black Metal influence would be cool. A LITTLE bit. This atmospheric kind of stuff. In an Opeth way, yesss! :kickass:

He never said anything about two 30 minute black metal songs. He said a two track album or an occult, black metally album. Not a combination.

Speaking of Finntroll, it'd be interested to see them take somewhat of an Opeth approach and have a go at writing some epic songs, mixing lots of black/thrash with lots of humppa folk. :p