Presonus Firestudio...?

CJWall

Oct 21, 2005
Southwest Florida, USA
ayyy all,

been looking into getting a Firestudio to replace my RME Fireface800, which shit out on me, and i really can't wait the amount of time it'd take to send it to germany through synthax to get looked at, seeing as i bought it used anyhow im not sure how much they could do anyhow.

anyhow, anyone have any exerperience with this or own one? i remember the early reports of it were very good, comparing it to the Fireface in many ways and that it sounded just as good if not better than the FF.

my concern are the drivers and the reliability of the thing itself, and just as important, how well the software routing mixer deal is..

looks like quite a deal, 4 more pre's than the FF (which im sure sound better than the ones in the FF, i didnt like them too much.. muddy sounding) plus a main volume knob on the front, a separate main out for monitors, and a bunch more for only what, $800?

plus that remote looks killlller.

so... whats the scoop?

I've read good review for the firestudio but it's expensive for me at the moment..anyway it's better than a firepod for sure.
Yesterday I lost a good buy for a firepod (350€)...damn!

Also newer converters and real zero latency monitoring with internal routing...
That's significant changes.