Press Release- Crimson Glory, Balance of Power and Mob Rules added!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CRIMSON GLORY TO CO-HEADLINE BAY AREA ROCK FEST. MOB RULES AND BALANCE OF POWER ADDED TO LINEUP.

Bay Area Rock Promotions is pleased to announce the return of Crimson Glory as a co-headliner in the inaugural Bay Area Rock Fest in San Francisco. Crimson Glory marks the return of “Astronomica” vocalist Wade Black by playing for the first time in 16 years as a US headliner with the original lineup of Jon Drenning, Jeff Lords, Ben Jackson and Dana Burnell as well as Jessie Rojas.

“I am excited to have Crimson Glory mark our 25th anniversary by headlining the Bay Area Rock Fest” comments guitarist/songwriter Jon Drenning “We promise to make our fans attending the show from San Francisco and around the world bleed Crimson Glory!”

Due to visa issues, Angra will not be performing at the festival as previously announced.

UK based Balance of Power returns to the United States for the first time in 6 years with new lead vocalist Corey Brown from Magnitude 9 and Section 16. Corey’s soulful pipes add a whole new dimension to the strong songwriting and rhythmic foundation anchored by Tony Ritchie, Pete Southern and Lionel Hicks. They will be performing a variety of songs from their 12 year career, plus a few new songs.

Mob Rules from Germany makes their debut appearance in the United States after 5 critically acclaimed albums. After establishing themselves in Europe playing with acts like the Scorpions, Dio, Symphony X, Savatage and Helloween as well as the legendary Wacken Open Air festival, their blend of melodic and progressive metal is destined to make a huge impact in the USA. These elements are featured prominently in the 25 minute opus “Ethnolution” off their new album “Ethnolution AD” available on SPV Records.

“I am excited to add the progressive metal talents of Crimson Glory, Balance of Power and Mob Rules to enhance the existing lineup of the best of worldwide progressive rock and metal.” comments David Hatchell, the festival organizer. “We have elevated the Bay Area back to the leading US destination for thought-provoking and hard-charging rock and roll.”

Bay Area Rock Fest will take place on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th at The Independent in San Francisco. Other acts on the bill that have been previously announced are Jon Oliva’s Pain, Spocks Beard, Enchant, Zero Hour, Eyefear, Timeline and Odins Court. Tickets will go on sale February 18th at the Independent box office and through TicketWeb.com. Only 500 tickets will be made available to the public. Ticket costs will be $85.00 for the festival covering both nights. There will be a limited number of VIP sponsorships available for individual patrons. Additional sponsorships are also available.

For more information visit www.bayarearockfest.com or www.myspace.com/bayarearockfest
Sponsorship and media inquiries can be addressed to david@bayarearockfest.com.
The Independent’s website is www.theindependentsf.com

Wow... Solid!

While it is unfortunate about Angra, I've seen them twice at ProgPower. On the other hand that Jon Oliva guy last toured the West Coast way back in 2001 and I could not go. Crimson Glory with Wade on vocals is... glorious!

Excellent! I am so there!

Damn, this sucks completely....Though the lineup is more than enticing, i'm not sure if i'm gonna go now...Angra was the band that clinched my trip. Myrtle Beach to San Francisco is quite a long trip, and i was saving up money just to make it to see Angra

Damn, this sucks completely....Though the lineup is more than enticing, i'm not sure if i'm gonna go now...Angra was the band that clinched my trip. Myrtle Beach to San Francisco is quite a long trip, and i was saving up money just to make it to see Angra

Sorry-- this was a back-breaking decision to make for which I will explain at another time--

Congrats on the finalization of the line-up Dave! Awesome! Its a shame things didn't work with Angra (especially so late in the game) - but I'm not even getting into that right now. Ughhh... I feel your pain!

However, I think you did great with getting Crimson Glory to fill their shoes. Balance of Power and Mob Rules -- dude! I'm really excited about the festival, even more so about playing your festival!!

GREAT JOB!!!

Congrats on the finalization of the line-up Dave! Awesome! Its a shame things didn't work with Angra (especially so late in the game) - but I'm not even getting into that right now. Ughhh... I feel your pain!

However, I think you did great with getting Crimson Glory to fill their shoes. Balance of Power and Mob Rules -- dude! I'm really excited about the festival, even more so about playing your festival!!

GREAT JOB!!!

Thanks- Im pumped to see you guys kick some ass on the West Coast for a change!! Its going to be a great show and a great party dude!!

Man, I hear ya! But the rest of the lineup is AWERSOME! And Balance of Power has Corey Brown on Vox now, so as a Magnitude 9 fan, you should be all over that.

Honestly, I'm kinda numb with Angra disappointments lately. The remaining lineup will keep me more than happy! And believe me, I'd be there whether Odin's Court was playing the festival or not!

Hope you decide to join us on the inaugural voyage of this festival!

Man, I hear ya! But the rest of the lineup is AWERSOME! And Balance of Power has Corey Brown on Vox now, so as a Magnitude 9 fan, you should be all over that.

Honestly, I'm kinda numb with Angra disappointments lately. The remaining lineup will keep me more than happy! And believe me, I'd be there whether Odin's Court was playing the festival or not!

I'm still on the fence, though I really enjoy Eyefear, JOP, Odin's Court and Balance of Power, and having just listened to Mob Rules' Black Rain I'll probably reconsider. I'm just so sore about the Angra situation. The past few weeks Angra's Rebirth has been playing on loop nonstop while i was at work, and I was so pumped to finally see one of my favorite bands and to possibly meet Kiko, as he's one of my favorite guitarists.

But you are correct, I absolutely love Corey Brown and with that knowledge i'll probably end up buying myself a ticket.

I'm still on the fence, though I really enjoy Eyefear, JOP, Odin's Court and Balance of Power, and having just listened to Mob Rules' Black Rain I'll probably reconsider. I'm just so sore about the Angra situation. The past few weeks Angra's Rebirth has been playing on loop nonstop while i was at work, and I was so pumped to finally see one of my favorite bands and to possibly meet Kiko, as he's one of my favorite guitarists.

But you are correct, I absolutely love Corey Brown and with that knowledge i'll probably end up buying myself a ticket.
Excellent! Can't say I mind mind seeing our name in that list either! :kickass:

Dude, I think many people are sore over that for a multitude of reasons. I gues it just wasn't meant to be. I do understand your disappointment though. I've been playing my Enchant collection for about the same time now! A dream is finally coming true for me with these guys! And yes, Kiko is amazing too. Raphael is no slouch either.

Very cool -- see ya there!

Sorry-- this was a back-breaking decision to make for which I will explain at another time--

What do you mean? I thought it was a Visa issue?

I can't even express how dissapointed I am - I was so looking forward to seeing Angra. First as part of a U.S. tour, which they mentioned in some interviews. Then it was announced that they would be here, and I was excitedly making plans for my first trip to San Francicso. Now that won't happen either. :(

I am sure you will have a great festival and I think it is wonderful that you are putting something like this together. I am sure that some year I will make it out there. It's just a very expensive trip - since Angra is a band I am dying to see, it would have been worth all the expense. I wish you luck with everything and hope this festival becomes a great success.

And I guess I should start saving up for a trip to Europe, Brasil, or Japan for Angra's next tour. :(

The feat is three months away. Are you telling me that Angra could not straighten out their visa problems b4 then? Too bad. We could have shuttled them over the waters in the dead of night from Mexico to get them here. Who would have known or cared?:headbang: :kickass: :kickass:

Guys-- The reality is that visas to the US from countries like Brazil take 5 MONTHS to get. This is a very long story which I will elaborate on at another time. I did everything in my power to make this happen for Angra-- I spend a LOT of my own money in legal and consultation fees to try to make this happen.. This was not easy--

The reality is that I would rather make the decision now before everybody buys tickets rather than pull a fast one on everybody after you all buy tickets and Angra can't get in the country.. I intend to have this festival again, and will depend on people like you to come out for the shows.. I don't want to start out my first festival by pulling a bait and switch.. I hope you can respect that and the amount of work that went into this..

Getting work visas in this day in age is very difficult. HOMELAND SECURITY issues them, and they investigate people back through high school! It takes months, and involves a lot of work. Angra simply doesn't have time at this point.

Believe me, NO ONE is more disappointed about Angra not touring than me, as I was helping them out and we were to open shows on the tour for them. And I tried hard to get them on this festival and did what I could to help out David. So NO ONE (besides David since it's his money) is more disappointed that they aren't doing the fest than me. They're one of my favorite bands and to be involved with them was a dream.

But the reality of the situation is that at this point, it isn't best for them to do a tour at this time, and it won't work out for the fest due to work visa laws.

Regardless, the fest will still ROCK!

My 5 Star Lobster Dinner was just replaced by a meat lover's pizza. Now don't get me wrong, I really like a meat lover's pizza... but the fresh Maine Lobster Dinner with the Lobster Bisque soup, premium beer and cheddar bisquets would have been much better.

I'll still be going to this show. Its a great excuse to go to California, as I've never been there. And if there was one place in California I'd want to go, it'd be San Fran. I've heard so many crazy stories and rumors about that place and I've love to get my own feel for it :)

The Michael

Balance of Power has yet another new vocalist? Why the hell can't they just bring Lance King back. He was so much better with that band with their last craptacular disaster they had without him. Is there a new BoP album in the making? *sigh*... now I have more albums to buy and get acquainted with :) And still have my property taxes for Spring to pay!

The Michael

Okay... and this is going to sound very embarassing but I have Crimson Glory's Trancendence on vinyl. I got it back in my college radio days. The funny part is, I don't have a record player.

So the question is... do I need to find Trancendence on CD or should I just buy a record player so I can hear it?

I have heard a few Crimson Glory songs on mp3 over the years... but I generally delete them because of the whole ethics thing. I'd like to buy an old CG album on CD... instead of buying a record player. Any idea where I can get one?

Thanks in advance,
The Michael

PS: Sorry for posting three threads back to back... as you can see I have nothing to do on a Friday night... and I have work at 6am tomorrow too. Yuck.