Press Release- Crimson Glory, Balance of Power and Mob Rules added!!

Guys-- The reality is that visas to the US from countries like Brazil take 5 MONTHS to get. This is a very long story which I will elaborate on at another time. I did everything in my power to make this happen for Angra-- I spend a LOT of my own money in legal and consultation fees to try to make this happen.. This was not easy--

The reality is that I would rather make the decision now before everybody buys tickets rather than pull a fast one on everybody after you all buy tickets and Angra can't get in the country.. I intend to have this festival again, and will depend on people like you to come out for the shows.. I don't want to start out my first festival by pulling a bait and switch.. I hope you can respect that and the amount of work that went into this..

I completely respect that. And as I mentioned before, I think it's great that you are putting this festival on and hope it's a great success. As someone who would be traveling from out of town, I definitely appreciate learning this in advance. I hope to go to a future Barfest at some point. It's a huge letdown for me that Angra won't be coming to the U.S. on this tour, but I don't hold that against you at all. :)

I'm cracking up at all the elitist comments regarding opinions as it relates to the finalized lineup.
Let's not forget that this is an extremely impressive lineup for a first time festival and I have no doubts that this will be a night to remember.
Not to mention the fact that San Francisco is one of the coolest cities to tour in the US.
Timeline is certainly looking forward to making a dent in the progressive metal world on May 4th.
See ya there!

I'm still stoked! Just the fact that there is this great new fest in the Bay Area is enough to force me to change my underwear. Although I too was looking forward to Angra, I think this worked out even better, for me at least. I'm sure i'll get to see Angra another time. It is only a matter of time before they headline their own tour or make another PP appearence or an upcoming BARfest. But I think that seeing CG in their U.S. headliner debut in 16 years with Wade Black on vocals is going to be killer. They are going to make me BLEED Crimson Glory!!! How awesome is that going to be? And it's in celebration of 25 years!!! I think it's going to be an incredibly memorable set. And just to top it off BoP and Mobb Rules. This Lineup is Stellar still. And I for one am not going to complain. I think it is awesome what is coming together and you gotta think.......if the lineup is this good in it's first year.......that's just scary. IMO. Can't give enough props to those putting this together and I look forward to supporting this fest any way I can. Again, here's to BARfest :kickass: :kickass: I mean think about it. We got Jon Oliva’s Pain :kickass:, Spocks Beard :kickass: , Enchant :kickass: , Zero Hour :kickass: , Eyefear :kickass: , Timeline :kickass: and Odins Court :kickass: Mobb Rules :kickass: Balance of Power :kickass: and Crimson Glory :kickass: :OMG: Crazy.....i'm just ridiculously excited :cool: .

Guys-- The reality is that visas to the US from countries like Brazil take 5 MONTHS to get. This is a very long story which I will elaborate on at another time. I did everything in my power to make this happen for Angra-- I spend a LOT of my own money in legal and consultation fees to try to make this happen.. This was not easy--

Trust me I know what David went thru first hand, as i am going thru it now, but to be honest i have had a little more time, as TEXAS MADFEST is in July, and we started the Visa process in December. So Kudos to David for trying to do the impossible, and trying to make BARFEST and awesome show. Just wait till Next year folks.

Well the new bands dont really make me want to come anymore. Its not that I dont like the bands just not enough to travel to California. Though I look forward to what you have going in cali in the future.

HELL I GUESS I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS LINE UP JUST GOT BETTER!!

Fuck Angra, I've already seen them, yes they are awesome, but now we get the chance to see Mob Rules in the US!! And the addition of Balance of Power and Crimson Glory!! All this with Enchant, JOP, Zero Hour, Spocks Beard, Odins Court, Timeline and Eyefear!! And all in Party Central USA! San Francisco! Gonna Rule!

Angra will be back, Mob Rules maybe not... Ethnolution A.D. is awesome!

Great Job Dave!!

While I was totally stoked to see Angra again--having seen them at Proppower where they were AWESOME--and I am sad to hear that they will not be at BARfest, I am equally stoked to see Mob Rules, BoP and Crimson Glory, all whom I have never seen before and whom I have really wanted to see. Great job Dave!!!!

HELL I GUESS I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS LINE UP JUST GOT BETTER!!

Fuck Angra, I've already seen them, yes they are awesome, but now we get the chance to see Mob Rules in the US!! And the addition of Balance of Power and Crimson Glory!! All this with Enchant, JOP, Zero Hour, Spocks Beard, Odins Court, Timeline and Eyefear!! And all in Party Central USA! San Francisco! Gonna Rule!

Angra will be back, Mob Rules maybe not... Ethnolution A.D. is awesome!

Great Job Dave!!

Well said, Brett. I've already seen Angra twice, so the lineup definitely improved. :headbang: Great job, everyone! :kickass:

I can't wait to see the band live again. Rumor has it that they will be playing some material from their upcoming album, the first with new vocalist Corey Brown.:worship: