"Pretend Monsters of Rock" concert.

If you were a promoter and had loads of dosh what bill would you put together...
Ok mine would be:

IRON MAIDEN
plus guests
JUDAS PRIEST
SAXON
MOTORHEAD
UFO
DIAMOND HEAD

Notice something there.....and if anyone from the past was added a certain Mr Hendrix......oh well....but in an ideal world Saxon would headline...:kickass:

Haha good idea for a thread mate!
Mine would be something like this...pure fantasy obviously

AC/DC (with Bon Scott)
Judas Priest (Songs they dont play live much or at all. Ram it Down era, performance wise!)
Saxon (Eagle 1 and 2 plus the whole metalhead cd and more)
Dimmu Borgir (2001 stuff onwards, last 3 cds in other words)
Pagans Mind (Playing the whole Enigmatic Calling cd)
Type o Negative (mainly Bloody Kisses and October Rust stuff)
Arch Enemy (play what they like i wont argue)
Pain (Peter Tatgren can play what he wants, it all sounds great)
Within Temptation (I get to go 'backstage' with the babe who sings)
Ratt (original line up of course!)
Korn (for my wife lol)

Each band would play for a minimum of 2 hours and all the alcohol would of course be free as well

Yes i live in a dream world

Saxon (doing whatever they want!!)
Judas Priest (doing all of British Steel/Angel of Retribution)
Iron Maiden
Accept
Metallica (doing the Black Album)
Black Sabbath (doing all the ones I like!!)
Scorpions

Helloween
Saxon
Motorhead
Gamma Ray
Dragonforce
Iron Savior
Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force
Power Quest

youll be pleased to know saxons support for the euro tour is the side project of iron saviour and helloween members (masterplan)

Saxon
Blind Guardian
Priest
Maiden
Some shit but new andfamous band (like bullet, to bring the fags along so they get converted to true metal)
Annihilator
Megadeth
Children of Bodom
Iced Earth

How about an all American lineup for a different perspective:
KISS
Aerosmith
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Blue Oyster Cult
Foghat
Riot

Bosnian Witchfinder said:
youll be pleased to know saxons support for the euro tour is the side project of iron saviour and helloween members (masterplan)

"Side project" = "where they put the shit ideas that their REAL bands rejected"

Quite liked Lionheart747's lineup. Glad he put Diamond Head on there, you got to have someone working on the burger van.

Not on Assmasterrockdetector it wasn't. Anyway, to me that's not the issue, it may well be absolutely the best thing I have ever heard, I don't know.
What I would be asking is : will they be dropping their day-jobs to put 100% into Masterplan if it is such a success? I'm sure their "real" band-members are over the moon that they are doing so well, and aren't feeling in the least bit jealous or wondering why they can't bring award-winning stuff to the table when they are writing together!
Eeeh, back when I were a lad, you were in 1 band and you put in 101%, not spreading your energy, enthusiasm and effort across 2 or 3 "projects".
The only justification for this is if you are doing something in a totally different vein, like say Jazz :)Puke: )
Being in a band is like being in a family, no, it's closer than that, and once you start sharing elsewhere, the rot sets in, back-biting and plotting, and soon enough it becomes a business arrangement, members weighing up potential dividends rather than submitting their ideas willingly. That's one of the reasons why the music I love is in such a shit state.

Just my humble opinion, of course!

O.k. my turn.

Day 1 Metal day. Day 2 Glam/sleeze day. Day 3 Punk/Goth day.

Iron Maiden Guns 'N' Roses(orig) The Cure
Judas Priest Motley Crue Nick Cave
Saxon Cinderella SLF
Motorhead Faster Pussycat Buzzcocks
Venom Love/Hate Dirtbombs
Diamond Head Dogs D'amour Blaagers ITA
Girlschool Quireboys King Prawn

Day 4 Wilks day. Day 5 Dead day

Primal Scream Elvis
Libertines New York Dolls
Brain Donor The Doors
Luois XIV Janis Joplin
Black Heart Procession Robert Johnson
SunO))) Muddy Waters
LAMF The Clash

The event will take place in Leicester near my house.You can only buy 5 day tickets.If you watch all the bands you get to see the dead super group on days 6

Phill Lynott-Bass
Dimebag/Hendrix-Guitar
Bozo-Drums
Bon Scott-Vocals.

Sammi951 said:
I want Status Quo on mine as well, I've just decided.

Yeah i want staus Quo on mine too....I need a band for the crowd to throw stuff at......

:lol:

valanx said:
Yeah i want staus Quo on mine too....I need a band for the crowd to throw stuff at......

:lol:

Oi, don't be so cheeky! lol I've never seen 'em play live, but I hear they are very entertaining and get the crowd going (in a good sense - I don't mean literally GOING, as in home!! lol) I will also add The Darkness to my list, while I'm at it, for sheer entertainment value and they are great live :D Oh go on then...I'll have Bon Jovi as well! It's a long festival....lol