Pretty Maids

I think that was the one song in their set that Nick (DemonoftheWoods) and I did not know. Lol! Was sitting here with him while typing up that set list and we both knew there was another song in there that we were not familiar with, somewhere around the second half of the set I think. (We forgot Hell on High Heels too. Thanks, Su! I thought there was another one we were forgetting. Lol!) Still an awesome selection of material! Only dissapointment for me was that they did not play Cielo Drive, but otherwise a fantastic and highly energized entertaining set! The guys in the band were also super nice about signing autographs, hanging out and taking photos. Hope they will be back to the states again soon!

Every time I saw Nick in the crowd he was singing along. :kickass:

When I was here under the name WOOSTA way back, and then 1metal1, and now PM1metal1, I was banging the drum over and over and over for this band. By more than a few around these parts I was basically labeled an idiot because "who are the pretty maids?", "the pretty maids are not metal", "what's your next old band request 'manilla road'?", "the pretty maids have no U.S. fanbase" blah blah blah blah blah. Now, granted, I am an idiot about a lot of things and an asshole about most. On this Pretty Maids front, however, all that remains to be said 11 ProgPowers later is: I told you so.

For those of you who knew all along, I'm glad you all enjoyed the show as much as I did.

PS: It wasn't a NY Rangers jersey, it was the elusive, authentic Pretty Maids "Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing" 1999 Jersey. Thanks to Wolfram Burda of German band Wichita Falls for parting with it at such a bargain price!

off the top of my head....

Pandemonium
INVU
Walk Away
It Comes at Night
Yellow Rain
Back to Back
Little Drops of Heaven
Please Don't Leave me
Love Games
Future World
Red Hot & Heavy/Smoke on the Water/Red Hot & Heavy

Don't forget.....Rodeo!

Hell on High Heels - that was a request and i LOVE LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE that it was done :)

Yellow Rain, Back to Back, Rodeo, Love Games, Future World, and Red Hot & Heavy ...... Yeah, I'll be kicking myself in the ass for quite a while.

Thanks for the setlist!

I was banging the drum over and over and over for this band. By more than a few around these parts I was basically labeled an idiot because "who are the pretty maids?", "the pretty maids are not metal"....

I just don't understand that. I know hard-rock is part of their sound, but there's just as much (if not more) metal in there, too. I've only heard their first two albums, but those belong in the Power Metal Handbook if there was one; I'm hearing Helloween, Running Wild, even some Savatage and other similar stuff, etc. while listening to these. I mean, there's no way a young Tobi wasn't whacking off to Pretty Maids albums in his bedroom prior to forming Edguy (which now that I think about it, sounds exactly like Pretty Maids married with Helloween). And obviously HammerFall and other bands took pages from these guys, too.

So yeah, not sure why it's ever mentioned that they're "too hard-rock" or whatever. To me, that's like saying Accept are too "hard-rock."

Personally kind of left more disappointed. Only cause of my personal taste in music. I can appreciate the hard rock thing but most of the time I felt like i was at a Journey concert or something just wasn't into it. The old stuff was great to see live, its just i couldn't care for the newer material.

Personally kind of left more disappointed. Only cause of my personal taste in music. I can appreciate the hard rock thing but most of the time I felt like i was at a Journey concert or something just wasn't into it. The old stuff was great to see live, its just i couldn't care for the newer material.

Strange, since the newest cd is arguably some of their strongest and heaviest stuff of their career (at least to me....personally, I feel Pretty Maids have never released a weak album). Pandemonium, I.N.V.U. and It Comes At Night were some of the heaviest tunes they played. Oh well...to each their own, I guess.

Every time I saw Nick in the crowd he was singing along. :kickass:

HAHA!! One of my favorite bands. Been waiting a long time to see them. So much fucking fun!

I also need to acknowledge how cool the Maids guys were. I got them to sign one of my guitars!!!!!

Also, a special thank you to PM1metal1 (sorry, forgot your name) for letting me be first in line for the signing!

HAHA!! One of my favorite bands. Been waiting a long time to see them. So much fucking fun!

I also need to acknowledge how cool the Maids guys were. I got them to sign one of my guitars!!!!!

Also, a special thank you to PM1metal1 (sorry, forgot your name) for letting me be first in line for the signing!

It's no problem! I'm glad you got that taken care of! Thanks for running my booklet through so I was a little less of a rule breaker on the items. Maybe I'll bump into you at a Baltimore show sometime! :headbang:

Though I wasn't overly familiar with their material, I was looking forward to seeing Pretty Maids this year, as they have such a long history and a pretty cool mix of AOR and power metal in their sound. I have to second what Scott said about the a band like this going over so well considering that Pink Cream 69 received more of a lukewarm response seven years ago. However, I feel that Pink Cream 69 treated their performance as just another gig. By contrast, Pretty Maids played to the audience as if it would be the only gig they would ever play in this country (let's hope that it isn't!). Ronnie sounded amazing, and Ken's guitar tone was nice and meaty. On top of that, the drummer was just a ball of energy. I was extremely glad to catch their set. Here's to many more ass-kicking years!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert