Pretty Much OT: favorite driving songs?

meep17

Oh Snap...
Aug 4, 2007
I suck at making threads... heh. :cool:
Anyway, pretty basic. What're your fave songs to drive to?

Mine:
-Painkiller/Freewheel Burning. (Back to back. Hell yes.)-Judas Priest (But nearly any JP song will do.)
-Intro/Belly of the Beast- Anthrax
-Whiplash/basically all of Kill 'Em All-Metallica
-Aces High- Iron Maiden
-Reign of Fire- Armored Saint
-Highway Star- Deep Purple
-Megadeth- Peace Sells

Most of mine are reserved for the highway. :D

I was comming home from work on Friday and "God Is God" by Laibach came on my mp3 player. I think I played it like, three times in a row..... so, that's a cool one.

I have fave disks not just songs. I drive a good distance for work so I can listen to a whole disk in and another out. More if traffic sucks. These have been in the rotation for a couple weeks now.

FNM Angel Dust
Anthrax Stomp 442
Trivium The Crusade
Hell Yeah self titled

Oh yeah, forgot Metal Thrashing Mad. Of course!!! And also have to add Hole in the Sky-Black Sabbath, and also Green Machine-Kyuss.

It's gotta be heavy metal or hard rock for me. Especially on the highway. Can't have some pop or alternative song when you're going 65 mph or up! :D
And I agree with the Bald Guy. Motorhead and ACDC are shweet for this kinda thing.

:headbang::kickass::Smokin::hotjump:

Highway To Hell
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Thunderstruck (Live Version)
We Are Motorhead
Bomber
Born To Raise Hell
Girls Gotta Rhythm
Jailbreak
Stiff Upper Lip...

Also, I enjoy going places with some old shit like Rainbow's "Kill The King", UFO's "Doctor, Doctor", Uriah Heep "Easy Livin'", Queen "Tie Your Mother Down"...

Plus, there is fun going through jewish neiborhoods with Rammstein blasting at full force :)

And just recently I've started practicing Amon Ammarth's "Purcuit Of Vikings"...

Good driving songs:

Machine Head - Block.
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt.
Ministry - Just one fix.
Depeche Mode - Never let me down again.
Anthrax - Armed and dangerous.
Presidents of the United States of America - Mach 5.

hm...On my way to work and back I listen to a lot of ac/dc and Iron Maiden

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
blow up your video and powerage

But maiden is my favorite of course
to tame a land
the duallist
flash of the blade
sea of madness
prodigal son
charlot the harlot
be quick or be dead
childhoods end
the fugitive( btw has a cool groove)
the assassin
run silent run deep
the prophecy (that's a fuckin song)
moonchild
the legacy
gates of tomorrow
the nomad (the beginning of this song reminds me a lot of Metallica's "I disappear" song)
also
savatage
prong
paradox
slayer
wrathchild america
wrath
vicious rumors
dianno
overkill
devastation
rigor mortis (If you boys and girls have not heard of this band pick up their self title cd..It's great)
megadeth
queensryche (operation mindcrime II is a must listen)
and the list goes on...................................................................................................................................................

paradox, overkill, queensryche
Man, I forgot about Overkill!! They RULE. I'm just getting into Paradox; Cool stuff. And of course, I LOVE Queensryche. Geoff Tate's vocals were/are great.

Can't believe I forgot those! o_O

Chuckle as you might at some of my songs...

Dragonforce - Above the Winter Moonlight - Sonic Firestorm
Atilla - Iced Earth - (if the car had rocket launchers i'd use em !)
Waterloo - Iced Earth - (gotta hold up the pace)
Metallica - Disposable Heroes
Anthrax - Gung - Ho (TGOTE version)
Demons & Wizards - Blood on My Hands (Check that out on youtube)
Demons & Wizards - Terror Train
Iron Savior - Titans of Our Time
Stp - Wicked Garden ( Thank You Nissan Frontier Commercial )
Pantera - Fucking Hostile

I'm not chuckling, man! Even if Dragonforce are cheesy, they're probably great for highway driving with all those fast songs... and the STP one has a good driving groove to it. Sweet choices. :headbang: And I've been wanting to check out Demons and Wizards for a bit now...

LA Guns - Never Enough
D-A-D - Girl Nation
ZZ Top - anything

I´m more into classic rock while driving. My 75 hp diesel-fueled Mercedes isn´t fast enough for Metal :)

On the other hand... Aren´t most of you people from countries where you aren´t allowed to drive faster than 55 mph anyway?:p

Well, in the US, there's some highways where you can go 65 mph. But many speed over it anyway. Ha ha. :D And yeah, classic rock is good too. I just like thrash and speed metal when I'm driving 'cause ... I dunno, I just do. Hell yes. :headbang: