Prices for Jackson Bodies and Necks

TheTechnogoat

Protean
Jun 20, 2005
Montreal
hey everybody i want to put together a guitar for myself and have recently been pelting bob with questions about painting, sanding, floyd roses, etc. and i think ill give him a rest and ask you guys for some input. this time im asking about prices

ive found an RX10 body on ebay for 70 USD on ebay that im happy with
http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-GUITAR-...341668360QQcategoryZ33044QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ive found 2 DK-2 necks on ebay

one with tuners and nut intact for 200 USD starting bid
http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK2-GUI...342067359QQcategoryZ41423QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and one without tuners or nut for 194 USD Buy it now price
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-shark-t...341860984QQcategoryZ41423QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

do you guys think i should hold out for something better or go for it... thanks

1. will the dk2 neck fit on the rx10 body?

2. shrink your sig pic. your signature takes up my entire fucking screen on this laptop.

dk2 neck won't fit without heavy modification to the guitar body.

Silent, take that fucking picture out, i swear to fucking god.

Silent - Buy the neck first, as they are harder to find in good condition. As i told you in PM there will be big body mods that need to be done.

this might be a stupid question but why do you wana construct your own one? do you wana spend little or do you want to custom something nice to your needs. If you dont know much about guitars I would say just buy one out of the box.

I bought a Jackson Kellystar body on Ebay and then I bought a 24 fret, reverse sharkfin, reversed headstock Jackson neck (like it´s supposed to have) but it doesn´t fucking fit :( well, actually it does fit, but the strings are to much to one side and the heel of the neck looks like it´s sticking out to far....

DeathPact said:
this might be a stupid question but why do you wana construct your own one? do you wana spend little or do you want to custom something nice to your needs. If you dont know much about guitars I would say just buy one out of the box.

He want to build his own custom, like i did.

Justinschut said:
I bought a Jackson Kellystar body on Ebay and then I bought a 24 fret, reverse sharkfin, reversed headstock Jackson neck (like it´s supposed to have) but it doesn´t fucking fit :( well, actually it does fit, but the strings are to much to one side and the heel of the neck looks like it´s sticking out to far....

yeah, but a lot of the necks have specific dimentions and stuff. it's a weird craft, you have to get it right.

I'll be building a bolt on starsplorer soon, and that will be tough.

My next project for ME will be a neck through soloist in some 80's color. Becker style.

any suggestions about what I could do about it ? Or should I bring it to a guitar builder ? Or get a new neck ? I´m also kinda worried about the pressure on the neck, when it´s in it´s case, cuz the neck might be a bit elevated because it won´t fit exactly like it should, because of the longer heel. It´s in it´s case now, so I dunno

Justinschut said:
any suggestions about what I could do about it ? Or should I bring it to a guitar builder ? Or get a new neck ? I´m also kinda worried about the pressure on the neck, when it´s in it´s case, cuz the neck might be a bit elevated because it won´t fit exactly like it should, because of the longer heel. It´s in it´s case now, so I dunno

Check the scale length. Jacksons are usually 25.5 in. That means from the nut to the bridge it should be 25.5 inches.

bobvex: My next project for ME will be a neck through soloist in some 80's color. Becker style.[/QUOTE]

cant wait to see that one :worship: yo bob did u see the jason becker i bet u cant play this in guitar world?

Well today the a side of my HUmbucker fell into my guitar. and i was wondering
If anyone could tell me how to get it out without taking off my stings?

bobvex said:
Check the scale length. Jacksons are usually 25.5 in. That means from the nut to the bridge it should be 25.5 inches.

It said on Ebay that the neck was 25.5. The Body I don´t know, I guess also 25.5

I guess I´ll take it to a guitar luthier, see what he can make of it

actually i wanted to get a new neck for my guitar one with sharkfin inalys and better fret work i also want to get new humbuckers. maybe emg81's. but i by the time i'm done with it might aswell get a new guitar.

im trying to do this same project too. not because bobvex did it its sooo cool. i mean, it is cool, but i've just been wanting a 24 fret jackson rhoades model with a flyod rose for a long time now. and you cant find them. i found a guitar really similar, but i dont think it had the flyod with it, it was something else. but they wouldnt ship to the united states...because of copyright laws or something. but i have a list of stuff that bobvex gave me about paint and hardware for the guitar. i'll try to find the name of the website, i dont have it right now. but my main question is, even with all of the stuff you need, how much would it cost to take to someone and say, here ya go...put this together. and, considering the modifications being done to the body for the neck to fit, how much would that cost.