Prices for Jackson Bodies and Necks

i have another quick question, mainly to bobvex. with all this guitar assembling stuff to make your own jackson, is it worth the money you spent? is the guitar good? or do you think you would have been happier with just buying a new guitar with the money you put into your customs? i ask this because im still wondering mainly, after all the work, is it all worth the money

-Gavin- said:
It's a european only guitar.

Shit bro i thought you were from italy... :lol: sorry man.

lol its cool dude. i was even thinking, if this custom project didnt work, if i knew anyone over there, to get them to buy it, then sell it to me over ebay. i mean...you can buy anything from ebay without any copyright laws.

Jani Laiho said:
im trying to do this same project too. not because bobvex did it its sooo cool. i mean, it is cool, but i've just been wanting a 24 fret jackson rhoades model with a flyod rose for a long time now. and you cant find them. i found a guitar really similar, but i dont think it had the flyod with it, it was something else. but they wouldnt ship to the united states...because of copyright laws or something. but i have a list of stuff that bobvex gave me about paint and hardware for the guitar. i'll try to find the name of the website, i dont have it right now. but my main question is, even with all of the stuff you need, how much would it cost to take to someone and say, here ya go...put this together. and, considering the modifications being done to the body for the neck to fit, how much would that cost.

I built my guitar for 600 bucks, and no one has what i have. It plays great, it sounds great, the construction is strong, and the electronics are perfect. The only thing i would change about is the paintjob, which i will fix in the future. I highly advise it if you have the patience, and you want something no one else has. The tremolo is great, i never tune it, ever. And i can suspend it in midair, like steve vai.

bobvex said:
I built my guitar for 600 bucks, and no one has what i have. It plays great, it sounds great, the construction is strong, and the electronics are perfect. The only thing i would change about is the paintjob, which i will fix in the future. I highly advise it if you have the patience, and you want something no one else has. The tremolo is great, i never tune it, ever. And i can suspend it in midair, like steve vai.

so with the 600 bucks from building it, including hardware, popping the dk-2 neck on, and setting up the guitar for the neck to fit and have the intonations correct, you will have to add that to about another 600-650 for the actual guitar, the RX10-D. so you're looking at about 1200 bucks for the whole thing?

Jani Laiho said:
so with the 600 bucks from building it, including hardware, popping the dk-2 neck on, and setting up the guitar for the neck to fit and have the intonations correct, you will have to add that to about another 600-650 for the actual guitar, the RX10-D. so you're looking at about 1200 bucks for the whole thing?

Nope, mine was 600 (approximately) in total

Body - 110
Neck - 150
Body work - 100
Paint - 5
Floyd - 120
Pickups/PA2 Booster - 80
Polish - 10
1000 grit sandpaper - 80 cents a sheet
2000 Grit sandpaper - 80 cents a sheet
Lacquer - 8
Total - $585

www.stewmac.com is my friend

Buy your body and neck off of ebay.

bobvex said:
Nope, mine was 600 (approximately) in total

Body - 110
Neck - 150
Body work - 100
Paint - 5
Floyd - 120
Pickups/PA2 Booster - 80
Polish - 10
1000 grit sandpaper - 80 cents a sheet
2000 Grit sandpaper - 80 cents a sheet
Lacquer - 8
Total - $585

www.stewmac.com is my friend

Buy your body and neck off of ebay.

oh thats fucking awesome. see i thought that you just bought a new guitar, and just gutted it and set it up how you wanted. but this gives me a better chance of completing the project sooner. i definitely have the cash to do this. thats hard to believe that the body work was only 100 bucks. that does include putting the neck on, fixing the body so it will fit, and setting the intonations, right? if thats the case, alls i gotta do is find someone that can do that for me. that and getting lucky by finding a body and neck on ebay.