Priest Dual disc...

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Have you read where the Priest disc will be a dual disc?
One side the audio & the other the DVD content?
I hope it isn't copy protected so I can burn a copy of
the audio side. I can see that getting "boogered" up
pretty quick... I don't like the concept. I have a hell of a time with
some DVD's that are two sided. It worked for records, but I don't like
the idea of dual sided discs or dvd's....

I'll wait for the common edition. I already heard clips form all songs and frankly it didn't warm me enough. I foreseen better albums this year, I'm afraid this will be a lame comeback :(

Wyvern said:
I'll wait for the common edition. I already heard clips form all songs and frankly it didn't warm me enough. I foreseen better albums this year, I'm afraid this will be a lame comeback :(
Man, nothing ever pleases you. I think it will be a great comeback record.
Sure, it's not gonna be a classic, but for a band this late in their career this will educate the younger bands on how it's done. It's not like KISS will do that? Or how about Sabbath with that burn out OZZY? Get some sunlight...:p

I know that the promo is copyprotected but thats all. A friend of mine has heard it and according to him it was great, he said it seems they has choosen the songs to please the old fans and the new ones. So thats sounds good. He said it was a solid Judas Priest album.

I my self will have a listen to it very soon so I could come back with my experiens on it later.

sixxswine said:
Man, nothing ever pleases you. I think it will be a great comeback record.Or how about Sabbath with that burn out OZZY? Get some sunlight...:p
Let's see two statements I disagree:

a) Meliah Rage comeback was great and mean great. The more I hear the album the more it kick ass, same with Death Angel. I'm even bold (and bald) enough to say that the DA is their best album yet.

b) After the horrible "Forbidden". The concert with Ozzy ("Reunion") was not only good, but awsome! I'm hearing it on my car stereo today and really send shivers down my spine. I concede it was back in 1998, but I'm sure that if BS want to sit, stay sober and clean and compose they may come with a very good album.

And JP should have brought more, much more than some other reunions. Because is the "Paikiller" line up, and Halford has been playing nice with his band. And the weakest Priest album still better than BS "Forbidden", so I has (or had) much higher hopes for a reunion of this caliber.

sixxswine said:
Wow. I didn't even know there was dual disc version of the new Donna's disc...
See you do learn something from coming here...

It's got a video and the making of the video on it, plus the complete album in 5.1 surround sound.

Wyvern said:
b) After the horrible "Forbidden". The concert with Ozzy ("Reunion") was not only good, but awsome! I'm hearing it on my car stereo today and really send shivers down my spine. I concede it was back in 1998, but I'm sure that if BS want to sit, stay sober and clean and compose they may come with a very good album.

"Reunion" doesn't count! There are only 2 new songs... whole different thing than the JP reunion.

How about the Iron Maiden reunion?? There's one that really worked out.

Wyvern said:
I love the Sabbath reunion album too! :headbang:
And the 2 new songs are an awesome sample of what they're capable of.
If they would sit down and make a new album with Ozzy, I'm confident it would turn out great.