Priest Live Discs

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Just got done listening to the Live in London disc by Priest.
Man, this blows. I have the DVD, it doesn't work as well on disc.
Yes, even with the additional tracks on the 2 disc set.
So I figured how about a poll? Best Priest Live disc.:p

Unleashed in the East?-No long enough-But Halford is great.

Priest Live?-Too slick sounding-sounds like a lot of studio touch ups...

Meltdown '98?-The Priest cover band. This is the best sounding Live record in my opinion. Too bad it's not Rob singing on this.

Live In London?-Is it just me or does the "Ripper Intros" to each song make this sound like a metal lounge act?!

Priest in the East! (the full version with the 6 missing tracks)
On this recording "only" the audience is total fake I think...

"Priest Live" is not that bad, though some songs could have been replaced.

I'm not fond of the sound of the last 2 live albums, but Ripper is indeed a great vocalist.

Fangface said:
Priest in the East! (the full version with the 6 missing tracks)
On this recording "only" the audience is total fake I think...

"Priest Live" is not that bad, though some songs could have been replaced.

I'm not fond of the sound of the last 2 live albums, but Ripper is indeed a great vocalist.

I haven't picked up the Unleashed in the East with the bonus 6 missing tracks, but it's on the list. I agree with you Ripper is great, but nothing beats the real deal.

Unleashed... Kickass album... Of course, the Ripper-era live albums are not without their charm... You'll find most of the Demolition stuff that didn't sound so great on the Studio release sounds amazing live.

I agree with you, Swine. Meltdown is the best all around. I really like Ripper as a singer but he SUCKS as a frontman. The man has all the charisma of a bowling shoe. On the dvd he looks as if he even thinks he's silly and he's ashamed of having to do these lame ass intros to the songs.....
Ted

tedvanfrehley said:
I agree with you, Swine. Meltdown is the best all around. I really like Ripper as a singer but he SUCKS as a frontman. The man has all the charisma of a bowling shoe. On the dvd he looks as if he even thinks he's silly and he's ashamed of having to do these lame ass intros to the songs.....
Ted

He's got great pipes & all, the guy just doesn't seem to have any stage presence...
Like Kurt Cobain. Remember him? Stood there like a carcass proped next to the mic stand....:p

I love Live albums Priest's Meltdown is one of the best I'v heard For me its right up their with "Decade of aggression" "Tokyo Showdown" Ect.
I saw Priest Live twice last year First with Anthrax Then by themselves Both shows were Excelent What can I say I'm not a big fan of the studio stuff with ripper A few songs stand out "Bullet Train" "Blood Stained" "Hell is Home" But thats about it But the kid Gets it done live You have to see him to belive it Go see a Priest show with Ripper in A place with no seats its Hellish Good fun

JonnyD said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:loco: :Spin: :D Its so funny cause its true kurt cobain hahahaha Grunge is Dead
You like that eh?! I've got a million of 'em.
Like did you hear about the movie they are making about the life of Kurt Cobain?!

I agree with you I don't care for any Ripper studio stuff.
Maybe, Machine Man, the lyrics are shit though. the track had such potential.:yell:

Oh yeah, the answer? It's gonna be called "Headless In Seattle.":p