New Judas Priest live album.

i still might get this but i prefer when bands release an entire concert and not perfomances from various shows. i take it some of the songs are just a rip of the audio from the recent reunion dvd?

I have to admit I was a bit sceptic about this, their sixteenth live album (well not really.. but they do have a ridiculous amount of live albums IMO).. well I really like the concept of releasing never before released live tracks.. some awesome ones too.. and the artwork is pretty sweet.. so I might just get this

That tracklist seems a bit short so I assume it's a single CD album. That kind of dissapoints me because for a band with as many great songs as Priest a double CD is a must. I'll be getting it anyway, of course.

That tracklist seems a bit short so I assume it's a single CD album. That kind of dissapoints me because for a band with as many great songs as Priest a double CD is a must. I'll be getting it anyway, of course.

Well as you can guess the "live album" is an edition of songs they never recorded live before with Halford, thus it's only a single CD, it is not really a single concert like someone already pointed on this thread.

They may have some obscure live recordings that will have worked for the spirit of the album, but surely the quality was poor and/or the difference in the voice from old recordings to the one Rob has now precluded to mix them. This album is composed of songs recorded since they reunited.

i'm glad its a single disc though. keeps the price lower and priest already have 3 double live albums

I downloaded it two days ago. I check immediately 'Painkiller', it's so sad that Rob can't sing it anymore like it supposed to :(. I'm in no hurry to buy it, I'll do evetually but feels hard to listen to the Metal God no more...

Yeah, he could never pull that off live from what I've heard... sad really, as it's one of the greatest metal songs of them all.

Halford nowadays makes me sad though, his high notes are pretty non-existent now. And I know he's an old man and it's prefectly reasonable to expect that, but it's still a shame. Saw him supporting Maiden in 2000 and he was brilliant, so was really disappointed by the difference in his voice that five years made... he was a bit better last time I saw them, but he'll never have that awesome range again...

I wish the tone of Halford was the way it was back in the day...Dissident Agressor and Painkiller to name two as well as the choruses in Beyond The Realms!

But it's still a smokin' CD for sure! Rob sounds very strong and rangeful in his mid tone..maybe he should just try and lay off the screams in the above songs I mentioned as it just sounds screachy...leave it all in a lower register...fans aren't gonna care.

It's more noticable if Rob keeps trying to hit them live.

The band as a whole should choose songs now at this point that fit his current range better...we could possibly be treated to many cool tunes off Point Of Entry,Turbo,Hell Bent For Leather and Stained Class we may never have heard live before or for a very long time that way.

Dissident Agressor?! Between the Hammer and Anvil?! I'm so getting this!

Speaking of Anvil, anyone see their new movie?

Not to get too off topic but yeah its hilarious when Lips starts crying about his interaction with his bandmate.

As for the Priest I'm quite stoked about this,I have'nt heard any material from Nostradamus but I doubt its that bad.The rest of the tracks I'm quite impressed with.