New Judas Priest live album.

Although Halford doesn't sound like he did in his prime I think he does a respectable job.

I love the track list and I especially liked the songs from Nostradamus as I thought they sounded heavier then on the studio version.

I think Rob sounds awesome when he embraces his mid-range. While I'll admit he's kind of being forced into that, I think this album is a good example of a classic band that seems to be aging gracefully. For some reason I'm finding this collection compulsively listenable. I'm a big Priest fan, and figured it would just be some average sounding live album. Not so, I think it's quite good. And frankly? I don't think Rob ever pulled Painkiller off all that well. He's really in screech mode in that one, both then and now.

I think Priest should forgo Painkiller live. He'll never be able to pull it off and it's just such an impossible song to do. They've gotta slow it down, drop it down a few keys and I've always found it rather weak live.

Again, for the record, Rob sounded GREAT at the gig I attended in Mid-July. Indeed, he nailed most of the high notes.....he sounded at least as strong as he did supporting Maiden in 2000 (when he actually stole the show!).

he still was great in 2000. it seems around 2004 his voice started to drop off. i'm sure the gig you saw in july they didn't play any tunes like painkiller they involved halford singing an entire song in the high register. also the tunes are all down tuned now

he still was great in 2000. it seems around 2004 his voice started to drop off. i'm sure the gig you saw in july they didn't play any tunes like painkiller they involved halford singing an entire song in the high register. also the tunes are all down tuned now

You're right in that they didn't play Painkiller (thankfully), but they did do some tracks with high parts such as "Ripper" and "Victim of Changes". Rob totally nailed those high screams which dominate the end of "Victim".

Still, I believe the gig I attended was only the 4th or 5th gig of the tour so his vocals may simply have been well-rested.