Priest question

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Can anyone tell me if the boxset that contains the remasters of Sin After Sin, Stained Class, Killing Machine & Unleashed in the East, with the spaces for the other 8 remasters, is still readily available, and if so, for how much? Since I am not from the city I don't get much chance to look at JB, and the only place I found it on the net other than ebay was amazon.com, no-where in Australia.

Cheers. :)

Reactions: Wicked Child
It was at JB the last time I was there. :)
I thought it was $80 or something, but I'm probably wrong.

To be honest dude, it doesn't look too exciting.

Yeah, I have heard it is pretty much only good as a housing for the albums if you were going to buy them anyway, and I do want them, so it would be cool to get this nifty little house for them if it is at no extra cost, or indeed saving a few bucks buying those 4 albums at once.

I have no cash at the moment anyway, but I think I might get it when I can afford it, was just curious if it was still easy to get. Cheers. :)

My whole Priest collection up till Priest...Live! is on vinyl. The only ones I have on CD are from Ram It Down onwards... I wanna get some of the older ones on CD now. Just the ones I really like though like Turbo, British Steel, Defenders Of The Faith and Priest Live. Vinyl will do for the others :)

The priest box set is great...:)

The CD's are still available but from what I see the initial imports of the actual box itself is hard to find -
I could be full of shit though ... quite possibly.

The remasters are fucking awesome - there is also a 20 page booklet with unreleased photo's and at about $18 per cd it's a fucking steal -

Listen to the remaster of Ram it down! - Total filth.

Buy or die!

Stu

The only priest album I have on CD is 'Ram It Down', which still sounds great for how old it is, so I can't wait to hear the remaster. It's also good that I don't have any others on CD, so I won't be doubling up when I get the remasters.

As I said, I want them all anyway, so if you save a little on buying the 4 with the cool box to put em all in, then I will get it for sure, if it is still around when I can afford it!

Priest!! :headbang: :headbang:

I don't think the remaster would make that much of a difference on Ram It Down anyway, it was recorded in 1988 and done on digital recording equipment too.

I can only ever really hear a big difference on remasters on albums that were released pre-CD, because generally the original CD masters were really bad transfers and the remasters are able to get that great original sound back like on the vinyl versions.

The only preist album I have on cd is Screaming for vengence, the rest on vinyl.

Vinyl is better to listen to preist on, just so I can pretend I live in the 80's.

Semi-related, where can I find some more details (or perhaps even a tracklisting) for the Priest box set they're promising us in October? I love a good box set, there's no better way to get through a Sunday afternoon :).

W

Wrathchild said:
Semi-related, where can I find some more details (or perhaps even a tracklisting) for the Priest box set they're promising us in October?

I don't think much info has been released about it yet.
On would suspect that it will not include much from Jugulator or Demolition however. :)