Primal Fear's New Religion

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
\m/ This album kicks so much ass. Its the best I've ever heard them. It has so many incredibly powerful and -huge- songs. Fighting Darkness and The Man (that I don't know) are the ones I must hear at ProgPower! (I can only hope they do them). I mean... these are the two best new songs I've heard this year. Both gave me shivers.

Ralf is just awesome on this album. I swear the man has gotten nothing but better over time. I don't know how he does it. He's now one of my favorite vocalists of all time. And then you have the guitar work. I can't say enough about it. The closing solo on The Man (that I don't know) is incredibly beautiful. So while these guys are great at all the standard metal guitar work, they can kick it up a notch in ways like Criss Oliva. Yes.

A must buy.

When I heard the sample of the duet with Simone, I really became anxious to hear this CD as it sounded different. It's only one song, but a good sign.

"Seven Seals" was hyped to be in a "newer" direction, but it was the same old PF for me, just with some slower songs. I traded it in after 4 listens. Nothing new for me, but that's just my experience. I think "New Religion" will be a lifelong keeper for me based upon the samples I've heard.

Should be out sometime in Sept. I hope it comes out before PP so I can get a taste of the new songs before the show!

Should be out sometime in Sept. I hope it comes out before PP so I can get a taste of the new songs before the show!

It has a street date of September 21, according to the promo copy Ralf sent me.

And I agree fully with all of these comments. There's something about New Religion that's different from all other Primal Fear releases. It has an energy, an intensity to it.

If you haven't done so already, please read my interview with Ralf. He speaks to some of these comments (including his vocal on "Sign of Fear").

Cheers,

Bill

Face the Emptiness, Everytime it Rains, Fighting the Darkness, and The Man (That I Don't Know) make this album totally worth listening to in my opinion. I will be very dissapointed if Primal Fear don't perform Fighting the Darkness or Everytime it Rains at the festival :erk:

Will PF's new CD be available in the Vendor Room at PPUSA VIII? I sure hope so! :How does the new material compare with their last CD? rock:

They always put out pretty good discs, but this disc seems to be a standout for them. I think it's more diverse than their usual fare, and will clearly be going on my "buy" list. I also now have a renewed interest in seeing them live. I'm getting excited about their upcoming performance. I'm sure they will be great, just like they were the last time I saw them in Cleveland at BWBK.

Britt

They always put out pretty good discs, but this disc seems to be a standout for them. I think it's more diverse than their usual fare, and will clearly be going on my "buy" list. I also now have a renewed interest in seeing them live. I'm getting excited about their upcoming performance. I'm sure they will be great, just like they were the last time I saw them in Cleveland at BWBK.

Britt
I an't wait to hear the new CD!:headbang: